Chapter 117: Hazy

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

Carl had guided me into the house, his hand glided up and down my back soothingly. He sat me down on the couch, I glanced around it was just us "did Henry go to sleep already?" I questioned. Carl paused mid-sitting.

He looked up at me mouth parted slightly "Henry? (Y/N)...who's Henry?". At those three words I could feel my mind become hazy, my heart rate accelerated, and my hands became clammy. My breath came out in speeded huffs "wait-- isn't Henry that guy who sacrificed himself for you? Why would he be here?".

I let out a nervous chuckle and ran a hand through my hair "you're right, yeah of course. I think I'm just a little tired so I'm gonna head to bed okay? Goodnight" I stood up, speed-walking to the stairs. Carl gripped my wrist gently, stopping me in my tracks.

I bit my lip, lowering my head "whatever this is, that's going on with you. I just- I just want you to know that I'm here for you (Y/N). No matter what okay?" he whispered, I smiled slightly and turned to him, cupping his cheek. I leaned in pressing my lips against his briefly "I know, I'm grateful. I love you Carl" I replied.

He placed his hand over my own for a moment before I pulled away, ascending the stairs slowly. When I reached my room, I shut the door quickly yet quietly. Closing my eyes and leaning back against the door with a deep sigh.

"Are you feeling okay?" I gasped, jumping and hand pressing against my hip quickly before realizing I had no gun. I looked up at the intruder. Surely enough, standing there was none other than the red headed male himself. "Henry.." I breathed out.

He smiled from his seat on my bed, offering me a two fingered salute "yo", I pushed myself off the door hesitantly walking towards him "how have you been?" he questioned, leaning back to rest on his hands. "Um...I found Carl, which is great and we um...we got married" I informed.

He chuckled "so I saw, I saw my girlfriend y'know. She was so beautiful, standing there waiting for me when those scumbags pulled the trigger" he sighed staring up at the ceiling. I pursed my lips glancing away from him and at the wall "but-".

Hesitantly I looked up at him "when I got there...she was nowhere to be found. I think- I think it was just my mind making me see what I wanted to see before I died". I took another step towards him "so I'm without her, again. But I'm getting used to it! She's happy, I'm happy. All things are good". I sat down next to him, staring down at my fiddling hands.

Henry chuckled once more, nudging with his shoulder "hey, don't look so down in the dumps", I sighed and let my eyes wander around the room "you're just a figment of my imagination, you said it yourself you died. You're not here, you're dead" I whispered to myself.

The freckled male let out a sigh of his own "whether I'm dead or alive doesn't change that I'm here (Y/N), I'm always here for you". I leaned forward placing my head in my hands "I'm losing it, first I saw you, then I saw Rick. What's happening to me?" I groaned.

He scoffed "is seeing me such a bad thing?" I glared at the male through my fingertips, a childish pout on his lips "yes". He gasped dramatically, placing his hands over his heart "you wound me".

Henry stood up, crouching in front of me and placing his large hand atop my head "things are gonna be okay kiddo" he whispered as he began to ruffled my hair. I squeezed my eyes closed with a whine at the messing of my locks, and when I opened them again. I was staring into an empty room.

I clenched my jaw, crawling towards the pillows and climbing underneath the covers. I turned on my side and closed my eyes before switching off the light. I threw the blankets over my head and buried my face in the pillow. This was going to be a long night.

~*~*~*~*~

When I had awoken, it was still dark. I groaned, my eyelids heavy for the need to sleep. I rolled over "morning sunshine". My eyes snapped open and I let out a yelp jumping backwards and inevitably out of bed. I placed a hand over my fast beating heart.

Glaring up at the bed and at the jerk who had ruined my sleep, Henry lay there, eyes closed with a smile, resting his chin on his hands. Innocent. Yeah right. I huffed and stood, brushing off my clothes "thanks for the wake up call, now if you'll excuse me I'd like to get back to sleep" I pushed the male by his shoulders, rolling him over so I could slide into the bed.

Henry pouted and sat up "no, no, no. No more sleep for you missy we have things to do" he wagged his finger. I rolled my eyes, pulling the blanket up to my chin "it will still be tuesday is 4 hours" I grumbled, closing my eyes once again.

I groaned as he gripped my wrist, tugging me towards him and out of the warmth of my blankets "get out of bed and do something!" Henry exclaimed. I rubbed my eyes as my feet landed on the floor, "fine, fine" I mumbled as I headed towards the door of my room.

I pulled it open but stopped before I could leave "wait- What is it you wanted me to do?" I asked, as I dropped my arms to my sides. When I got no reply I turned my head "h