Chapter 48: Familiar faces

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

The coolness of the barrel of his gun pointed to my head sent shivers down my spine, his arm around the throat cutting of most of my air supply made me wish he would just do it, pull the trigger so i wouldn't have to suffer any longer but no-...i have things i must do, people to protect. I refuse to die until i am certain they will be safe for the rest of their lives. i clutched his arm and trie dto pry it off my neck "Morgan?" Rick's voice piped up "Rick" the man replied in a harsh manner. Rick, Carl and Michonne put hier hands up in surrender "Morgan...just let (Y/N) go okay? This doesn't have to be complicated, no one needs to get hurt" Rick negotiated "yeah right" he scoffed. Rick opened his mouth to try again but i put a hand up as if saying 'it's okay, let me try' he nodded and stepped back "Morgan is it?" i asked, he grunted in response "hi, i'm (Y/N) it's...nice to meet you?" i said but it was more like a question.

i heard him cock the gun, and i gulped "if you're going to shoot me now...why did you save me back there?" i asked, i could feel the man tense up "...you reminded me of Duane...my son" he replied honestly "and where is Duane now?" i asked "that enough questions!" he yelled, his voice cracking in the middle of the sentence "it's okay Morgan, i think i know where he is...i lost someone important to me too...in fact i lost my parents and my baby brother., i had to shoot my mother and my brother" i whispered. Morgan gasped lossening his grip before letting me go completely "how?" he asked "i lost my dad tothe army long before all of this happened, it was my brther's birthday when it did, i went out to get some supplies because we were all out of food. When i got back my mother wasn't there, apparently she went looking for me because i took quite a while" i paused to take a shakey breath "when i looked out the window i saw she had already turned, i tried to stop my brother but he had made his mind up he ran out there and hugged her...she bit him...he had told me he hated me before he ran out because i didn't want him to go to her. The last words he said to me were "i never hated you"" i finished.

 Morgan walked towards a matress on the floor and saw down raking a hand through his almost non-existant hair (XD) he sighed "must of been hard on you...i couldn't even shoot my wife when she turned" he commented "it was definitely hard...but i did it because i knew they owould never want to be like those walkers out there. I fullfilled there wish, i made them happy after they had passed and that is all that matters" i replied "guess you're right..." he mumbled. I smiled and nodded allowing Carl to run over and wrap his arms around me "i was so worried!" he exclaimed, i laughed slightly patting him on the back "i told you that i can protect myself...most of the time" i mumbled the last part but he heard it, shaking his head he buried his nose into my hair and pulled me tighter. My cheeks turned crimson and i awkwardly hugged back "um...Carl?" i whispered "hm?" he hummed "everyone is watching" i finished. Carl lifted his head to see the three adults watching with a smug looks on their faces "let them" he chuckled before nuzzling his nose into my neck once again.

~timeskip~

I was sitting next to Michonne on a box, she was currently helping herself to some crisps "you're eating his food?" i asked she nly shrugged "mat said welcome" i giggled standing up "hey dad, i'm going to go out looking for supplies" Carl spoke up "take (Y/N) with you" he ordered "i'll go too" Michonne said putting down the packet of crisps and standung up "are you sure?" he asked "i'm not about to let two kids go out ther alone" she replied "alright then, make sure to stay safe" he commented stepping aside to let us out.

I walked down the street with Michonne and Carl "where are we going exactly?" i asked "i need to get something" was all Carl replied "such as?" i asked " a picture" was his curt answer. I furrowed my brows in not only annoyance at his short answers but concern as he seemed distant all of the sudden, I looked at Michonne who simply shook her had as if saying 'i don't understand either'. Shaking my head i brushed off the curiosity as best i could and simply followed my surroundings suddenly becoming familiar i stopped dead "Carl this is..." i trailed off "yep we're not to far from home- i mean...home before all this" he explained "are you going to go back into that house?" he asked suddenly. I bit my lip "i guess...plus i want to pick up some clothes i've grown but there are some stuff that will probably still fit me" i shrugged.

We carried on walking Carl and Michonne stepping over to dead walkers on the ground, i glanced at them and did a double-take. My eyes widened and my breath caught in my throat, i could feel my throat tighten as the urge to cry was fierce. I knelt to the ground in front of the bodies, flies having their way with them, abrely any skin left and what was left was tainted a blueish green. A woman and a young boy resting on her stomach "m-mom...Nikolai" i whispered, Carl stopped as those words left my lips and turned around to stare at my broken down figure on the ground and then the two corpses in front of me "who are they?" i heard Michonne whisper to Carl "i'ts her mother and brother" he replied hesitantly "...right where she had to leave them" he finished.

Reaching my hands out i laid on on each of their clothes where their hearts should be, ignoring the fact i could feel the rotting flesh beneath their clothing peel away i bit my lip to try and muffle the sobs. My nose and my eyes start to turn red as i try my hardest not to cry, Carl and Michonne stared in pity, walking over Carl kknelt beside me placing his hands over mine on their bodies "it's okay" he whispered. I whimpered burying my head in his shoulder and sobbing as quietly as i could to try and not attract attention from an nearby walkers, wrapping his arms around me he held me tight making sure that i knew he was here for me...i never thought i would see them again just after i had finally gotten over it, it just had to hit me in the face again....just great.