chapter 23: Losing another

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

It had been a couple of weeks since the arguement Carl and I had, and for the moment eveything was going fine. I stepped out of the tent and stretched "hey, has anyone seen Dale?" i asked "yeah, i think i saw him walking with Shane" T-dog said "thanks" i replied. When i looked to my right i saw Shane with Andrea r more like Andre was firting and hanging off of him again, i cocked a borw and walked over "hey, Shane" i called and both Andrea and Shane looked to me, Andrea scowled and kept her gaze on Shane "what is it kiddo?" he asked "have you seen Dale? T-dog said he saw you 2 walking to the woods together" i asked "no" he said but i wasn't really convinced "i haven't seen him since we were in the woods" Shane clarified, i was still suspicious but left it alone and walked off. In the distance i saw somehing moving, i thought it was a walker but on closer inspection i saw that it was Dale, i grinned and ran towards him but my eyes widened in horror and some bile made it's way into my mouth but i swallowed it...gross. I watched as the walker pinned Dale and the wheat was too high i didn't see what it was doing.

The breath caught in my throat and a blod curling scream made it's way out, it caught the rest of the groups attention and they asked me what's wrong. I couldnt find my voice so i pointed a shaky finger towards the area Dale was. Glenn who was ontop of the RV could see Dale and gave out the postion (i know it's not what happened but please go with it) the group ran towards Dale but me still being in shock couldn't move so Carl took my arm put it over his shoulder, his hand on my waist and ran over to Dale. Carl tried to steady me and the site and for a moment it worked but then i heard Dale choking on his own blood and that just got me, i collapsed to my knees and stared at Dale while he died slowly. My eyes trailed to his open stomach and i almost gagged at the sight. Dale lifted up his hand and i took it in mine "hey, what happened to the grandpa grandaughter bond we have huh? Y-you can't leave now" i teased with tears in my eyes "s-s-s-s-o-...sorry" he choked out. The tears i didn't bother to hold in rushed down my face but a sad smile was still planted there on my lips.

Rick walked over to me, kneeled down and put his hand on my shoulder "i'm sorry (Y/N), he's in pain. It has to be done" he said with strain in his voice. I nodded and stood up "can i do it?" i asked, everyone seemed surprised by what i said "(Y/N) i don't think-" "please?" i cut him off. Rick hesitated but handed me his gun, i sighed and aimed it at Dale's head "i'll miss you...old man" i chuckled sadly and looked at him in dispair. I closed my eyes and squeezed the trigger, i didn't open my eyes until i was facing the camp and away from Dale's body. I handed Rick his gun and didn't say another word just shakily marched back to the camp. Carl's eye stared after me in sympathy and i heard his footsep follow me. I opened the tent but didn't close it behind me because i knew he would come in to try and cheer me up. And i was right Carl came in and zipped up the tent behind him "hey" he said softly sitting next to me. For a couple of minutes neither of us spoke until Carl opened his legs wide and pulled me in between them, my legs stright in front of me i didn't move and if it weren't for my breathing and blinking people could have mistaken me for a doll.

Carl wrapped his arms around my waist and laid his head on my shoulder, moving my hair to the side so it didn't tickle his face. I made no effort to move the tears already dried, Carl leaned over even more and kissed my cheek my lips twitched upwards slightlt almost as if to form a smile but it vanished as son as it came. But no matter how fast it went Carl saw it and smiled himself "are you upset?" he asked "...maybe...i don't know" i said my voice cracked slightly and Carl noticably fllinched at it "d you want me to make you feel better?" he asked, i giggled "do you know how wrong that sounded?" i asked, Carl thought it over and laughed himself "yeah, sorry" he chuckled "but seriously, if you need cheering up just come to me ok?" he asked, i turned my head to see a serious look on his face. I smiled s at him sweetly and he blushed, truning around he crossed his legs and i did mine "thank you" i whispered leaning closer to him "you are welcome" he grinned and i pecked his lips.

We pulled away before any of the group could find us i would say just in time too because Rick came in "what are you guys doing?" he asked "Carl was just cheering me up" i said not eactly lying "that''s my boy" he siad ruffling Carl's hair as he grabbed his jacket from the tent floor. Carl goaned and flattened his hair back out "here" i said smoothing his hair out slowly, i lowered my eyes to his and stopped smoothing out his hair. We stared into each other's eyes (so romantic XD) until Rick cleared his throat and snapped us out of our love-struck trance "s-sorry" i muttered removing my hand from his head, Rick smirked with his brow raised and left the tent but before he closed it all the way he said "don't do anything adults do together" he laughed at our embarassed faces and close the tent all the way. Carl cleared his throat "sorry about my dad, he's so embarassing" he muttered the blush still on his face, i giggled and pinched his cheek in a teasing fashion. He grumbled and rubbed the pot i pinched which was slowly turning red from the pressure of my fingers. I smiled at him again and he smiled back, i closed my eyes and tilted my head as i smiled so as to make it sweeter.

Carl growled and pinned me by my wrists "w-what?" i asked "why are you so...cute?!" he whisper yelled "don't ask me!" i whisper yelled back. Carl growled again and pressed his lips against mine with force but not enough to bruise mine or his lips, i growled and kissed him back with equal force. We pulled away slightly breathless "aren't you forceful" i giggled at his flustered expression. Carl apologized and got off of me all the while helping me up "thank you again" i tld him kissing his cheek and leaving him in the tent as i went to check on the rest of the group, i giggled as i left and i swear i heard Carl mutter something along the line of:

"i swear it's impossible to love someone this much"