Chapter 50: Cat statue

First off i would like to tell you exams are officially over! Thank the overlord! Anyway this is chapter 50 as it says in chapter title and i would like to thank you all as it was because of you guys that i had made it this far so thank you so much, I love you guys <3

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

I clutched Carl's hand tightly as we sat on the roof of a car rocking gently as we waited for Michonne to come out of the typhoon of walkers in the bar. I bit my ilip in a nervous manner as Carl used his free hand to rub my back soothingly "it'll be fine" he muttered occasionally, some grumbling was heard from the bar (well more then there actually was) i gulped as i stared intently looking desperately for her. My jaw dropped when i saw a blade protrude the walker blocking the entrance, Michonne scowled and removed her katane before flicking the blood away. I let out a breath of releif and ran towards her "did you manage to get it?" i asked, she smirked and held up the photo "why'd you do that anyway?" Carl asked "well it seemed inportant to you plus, i saw this and i just had to have it" she laughed holding up a strange pink cat statue.

I laughed slightly before taking the photo and brushing the dust away to see Lori, Carl and Rick all smiling at the camera. Letting a small smile of my own break through "thank you" we both whispered, handing the picture over to Carl i noticed the sad smile that grew on his face, slowly i took his hand and tugged him along "come on we still need to get the cot for Judith" i said. Nodding they both followed me to the nearby baby store where we picked up a cot with some blankets and a mobile for her. Placing the picture and cat statue in the cot Michonne took one side, Carl the other and i took the front carrying it back to Rick.

We put the cot down on the floor inside the house Morgan was resting in "what happened?" i asked running over to Rick inspecting the small bruise forming on his cheek, he winced as my fingers brushed it "just a small falling out...is that the picture from the pub?" he asked "yeah, i thought Judith should know what her mother looks like when she grows up" Carl shrugged nonchalantly but i acknowledged the small blush spreading across his cheeks "we should go before the group gets worried" he said before standing up "is Morga coming with us?" i asked gesturing to the man currently worn out man on the floor "no he wants to stay here" Rick replied "are you sure?" i asked bending down to the bans height "yeah just leave me here" he panted. Sparing him a worried glance i sighed and stood back up "i guess we should hurry then before they decide to come looking for us"

I buckled myself up in the back with Carl before Michonne started the car, resting my elbow on the little shelf thing under the door handle i rested my head on my hand and looked out the window. I noticed a large backpack on the floor at the side of the road when my eyes widened in recognition 'that's the bag the hitch-hiker had...so he's dead then?' i thought with sadness. Sighing i just stared up at the sky and the clouds as they passed by, it seemed to peaceful almost like what was happening with the world hasn't happened and i wished that was true but it isn't. The clouds were so far away yet they seemed so close, brushing my fingertips on the windows i frowned as i knew my hand couldn't go through glass and thesie days it's far too risky to open the window.

I unbuckled my seatbelt and exited the car and walked straight towards our cell block, i noticed that Beth was once again holding Judith. Smiling i walked over and took Judith's outstretched hand "hi there little one, we have a couple presents for you~" i chimed. Rick came over carrying all of the stuff, i grinned and took the photo out of the cot and held it up for Judith to see i pointed to Lori and said "this is you mama okay? She was beautiful right?" i asked smiling as she rested her hand on her mother "that's right" i whispered "do you want to take her?" Beth asked, i nodded and took her from Beth. I held her close, her head on my shoulder "i'm going to take her to my room kay?" i asked, Beth nodded and stepped aside so i could get to my room.

I sat down on my bed and rocked the barely awake Judith on my shoulder "you remind me of your mother" i muttered, smiling sadly i heard her coo and she eventually fell asleep on my shoulder "(Y/N)?" a familiar voice called "hey Carl" i whispered not wanted to wake Judith up, carefully i laid her down on my bed and watched her shift in her sleep. The bed dipped when Carl sat next to me on the bed and watched his little sister sleep, Judith's small hand wrapped around my finger earning a smile from me "she's so cute" i whispered "hey (Y/N) i know this isn't a good time but...will you talk to me about what happened with the governor?" he asked hesitantly. I pursed my lips tight and narrowed my eyes slightly "are you sure we should do this now? With Judith here?" i asked "well she's a baby she won't understand anything" he shrugged.

I sighed and turned to the boy "alright fine, you really want to know?" i asked, he nodded "well as you know i went out to get some milk for Judith, we were all talking when i was grabbed from behind, they held a rag to my face until i passed out...when i came to i was in this dark room tied to a chair. Soon enough the governor walked in; it was really creepy he kept saying how beautiful i was but he swore in his daughter that he wouldn't touch me. We struck a deal if he let Glenn and Maggie go i would stay with him-" "you did what?!" Carl spoke up, i put a finger on his lips and glanced at Judith to see she was still sleeping like a baby "it was for their safety i had no choice. Anyway, he took me to his bedroom where i saw Andrea sitting on the bed like she was waiting for him or like she was used to being there, i'm pretty sure they're in a relationship, and she started asking him questions to which he lied. Then he asked his minions to take me to a different room".

I stopped to look at Carl, he seemed to be fuming but didn't say a word and let me continue "in the room was a chair a dentist uses except with straps to hold down the limbs like in the movies! They pushed me into it and strapped me in, days went by so slowly in there, the governor came in the same time everyday until one day i pushed him over the edge and he ripped my clothes off and told me to sit there in shame, humiliated. Every day he tried to touch me but luckily Andrea always called for him before he could go far and then your dad came to save me" i shrugged. Carl's fists tightened and i looked at him in worry "are you okay?" i asked "'am i okay?' it should me me asking you that! I can't believe you had to go through all of that and i wasn't even there to save you!" he huffed.

I smiled as he continued to rant "hey now, it's okay; you're here now and that's all i could ask for" i shrugged. Carl seemed to calm down slightly and took my hand in his gently rubbing his thumb over my knuckles "i'm so sorry" he whispered before he tugged me forward and into a hug, smiling softly i wrapped by arms around his to return his embrace. Carl nuzzled his nose into my hair and breathed in "it's okay" i whispered, gently stroking his hair "it's okay...."