Chapter 103: Alexandria

Before I start off this chapter I wanted to thank all of you so, so much. All your sweet and supportive comments really helped. I know there are some out there thinking I was fishing for attention and I don't blame you for thinking that, even if it isn't true. Anyways, Depression isn't something you can just get over but I'm on my way there and it's all because of you guys, thank you. I love you all so, so much.

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

The night went by quickly, in fact it should've gone by slowly seeming as I was awake the whole night in anticipation. I sat next to a snoozing Carl, he mouth was slightly parted and his breathing was soft, he was completely out of it.

I smiled lightly, running and gentle hand through his hair to keep them from tickling his face and waking him up. I traced his cheek with my index finger, from his temple to his jaw line. My smile widened as he crinkled his nose in his sleep and nuzzled his face further into my hand.

Carl began to mumble "because....one...your stinking tiara", I stiffled a giggle 'what on Earth is he dreaming about?' I couldn't help but wonder. He continued to mumble "Carl poppa" he whispered. No longer being able to take it I snorted before bursting into laughter.

Carl groaned and opened his eyes to see me leaning back against the wall, one hand over my mouth the other on my stomach laughing my guts out. Carl rubbed his eyes "what's so funny?" he asked his voice raspy "oh, nothing...Carl Poppa" I teased.

Carl's confused features set it off once more, I pointed at him and continued to laugh. Carl pouted and shuffled, leaning against the wall next to me. As my laughter ended with a long sigh I wipe away the tears the laughter had produced.

I grinned and Carl's pouty face, I leaned over and pecked the boys lips before standing. He groaned and reached for me, not wanting me to leave. I chuckled and ruffled his hair before going over to Aaron and Rick who were surprisingly not at each others throats.

Today we were finally going to do it, we were finally heading to some place that might be safe. That we might be able to stay at forever. A place we can finally call home.

Not long after everybody was awake, and we were planning to move out, since the car that Aaron used to drive here in was kind of in the middle of the road and was not really functional with Zombie parts in the radiator we would all take the RV.

It would be a little cramped but good enough. Piling into the RV, I took a deep breath and sat down on the bed that was placed in the back of the vehicle. Carl sat down next to me "you okay?" he asked "worried" I replied running my hands up and down my legs in nervousness.

Carl sighed and placed a comforting had on my shoulder, giving it a light squeeze. I turned to face him and he leaned his forehead against my own "it will be fine, trust me" he assured. I sighed "I hope you're right about this" Carl grinned "I'm always right!".

I scoffed playfully at his words and pulled away pushing him gently. He chuckle and took my hand, Carl ran his thumb over my knuckles and continued to do so until we came to a stop.

I could feel nervousness bubble in my stomach as we began to step out of the RV. I looked ahead in shock, there was a very large gate abandoned houses here and there. As we walked up to the gate, Carl who was walking next to me came to a stop.

I turned to him to see he was looking at a house not too far away, and for a split second I thought I saw someone in there. It must've been my imagination. I took Carl's hand and tugged him towards the gate gently, he smiled "sorry" and continued walking.

The gates were pulled open not long after, the first people to go in being Eric and Aaron. Rick soon following, Carl and I were the last ones in. I turned around looking at the place we once came from, there was a walker trudging it's way towards us.

But the closed gates soon blocked my view of it, the person who had closed the gates had a cold look on their face. They glared at me silently, I gulped and shuffled closer to the group.

As we gathered together a rather short Red headed woman approached "hello, and welcome to Alexandria"