Chapter 114: Blowing off steam

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

I needed some time away from...the normal life I had lost a long time ago and what other way to blow off steam then to blow off the head of a walker? Carl being Carl and decided to come with me, to 'keep me safe' and all, plus he needed to release some frustration anyways.

We had already gotten our weapons from the lady. I checked my ammo, it wasn't full but there was enough to keep myself the way there and the way back, enough to take the weight of it all off of my shoulders, even for a short while. Making sure my holsters were unable to be pulled off and any skin that was showing would be hard to reach. I stretched to prevent myself from pulling a muscle.

We were all set, we headed out of the house and towards the gate. The woman at the gate looked up from her newspaper (which was 4 years old) "where you heading?" she asked "scouting" I replied somewhat honestly.

She gave us a once-over before nodding and pulling open the gate, I stepped through with a nod and a thank you. I glanced through the woods to see if anyone you know, alive was in there and that they wouldn't follow us. I really only wanted time alone with my husband.

We reached the square of the village leading up to Alexandria. Surprisingly it was barren, I furrowed my brows "that's odd, how comes there are walkers in the woods...but none out here?" I muttered to myself "keep your guard up" Carl advised. I nodded placing a hand over my gun to whip it out when ready.

I heard the sound of a can being kicked, quickly pulling my gun out I turned around aiming at the perpetrator. My jaw dropped at who I saw, the male wore a sheepish smile, his hands held up in a surrender type motion.

Those green orbs, those light freckles, that almost pinkish ginger hair "...Henry?" I whispered, Carl stepped up "you know this guy?" he asked. I didn't reply instead lowered my weapon "hey (Y/N)" at the boy's words I ran forward throwing my arms around his neck, Henry stumbled back gripping onto my waist and turning on his heel, spinning around.

Henry chuckled before dropped me to my feet "how did you survive?" I asked "when you left walkers overran the place, Joe and all the others got distracted so I grabbed the gun shot the walker blocking the door and ran. I didn't manage to catch up with you but I did hear about this haven...Alexandria and I'm on my way to find it" he informed.

Carl cleared his throat and I pulled away "oh, Henry this is Carl, Carl this is Henry" I introduced. "Ah! The lost boyfriend, she told me all about you", Carl rose a brow "she has, has she? She told me a bit about you too. And she's not my girlfriend anymore" my other half informed.

Henry seemed shocked "you broke up?" he questioned cocking his head to the side I shook my head frantically "oh Goodness no" I held up my left hand "we're married" I finished. If Henry was drinking something he would've spit it out "MARRIED?!" we hushed the male as he would've attracted walkers "but you guys are so young" he exclaimed.

"Henry, this is an apocalypse I don't think anyone cares how young we are. There's no law anymore, and besides if we're going to die anytime soon, we want to do it being closer together than we were before" I said with a shrug reached over to grip Carl's hand.

I looked around checking for walkers, all clear so I turned back to Henry "have you found your girlfriend yet?" I questioned making sure to keep my eyes open. Henry smile, somewhat of a sad smile "no, I doubt I ever will. Like I said (Y/N), she's dead I know she is. I heard her die, I have no one to look for" the fact he said this with little hesitance means he had moved on.

It means that Henry had accepted the fact that the possible love of his life was gone and he would never see her face, never hear her voice, never bask in the glory of her smile ever again. "So have you guys heard of Alexandria?" he asked "heard of it? We live there" I replied with a small chuckle.

"You found it? It's real?" Henry seemed liked we told him that all the walkers in the world were dead, he was ecstatic. "Take me to it, please?" he begged, I smiled and gestured the male to follow us, I suppose a walker massacre will have to wait.

"It's us open up!" I yelled, not long after the gate pulled open, the gate lady pulled out a gun as she laid her eyes on Henry "woah, woah, woah he's with us" I said holding a protective arm in front of Henry. She glanced at me before lowering her weapon "you'll need to talk to-" I sighed cutting her off "I know, I'll go see her just...put the gun away" I reasoned.

The lady seemed wary but holstered her gun and sat back down nodding her head in the direction of Deanna's house. We walked up to the house and I turned to Carl "you should probably go back, Deanna probably wants as little people visiting her as possible since her son died", Carl glanced between the two of us before nodding.

"I'll see you later?" he asked, I smiled and nodded. He leaned forward placing a small kiss on my cheek "see you around Henry" with that Carl turned around heading for our house. I span around facing the door "good luck to us" I mumbled before balling my hand into a fist and knocking on the door.

It wasn't long until the door slowly began to open "(Y/N)? Who on Earth is this?" Deanna asked, she had bags under her eyes, but her hair and clothes were completely in order. Deanna had clearly not gotten any sleep for a while, or maybe she had frequent nightmares?

"Um...morning Deanna, I'd like you to meet Henry, he's a friend of mine and we got separated a while back. And...he'd like to join Alexandria"