Chapter 119: Parasite

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

I squeezed my eyes closed as I felt the warm breath against the back of my neck, the feather light touch of his fingertips running down my arms. The deep whisper in my ear.

"Kill them. Kill them all"

I tried. I tried so hard to block it out. Just ignore it, it's not real. It can't be real. I can't do it. No. Get out of my head. Please. Just get out of my head-- "GET OUT OF MY HEAD!" I yelled, I clutched my hair in my hands tightly, squeezing my eyes closed further.

When warm hands clasped my shoulders I snapped my eyes open, I was staring into deep blue. Carl. His orbs held sadness, worry, sympathy. I couldn't bear seeing such a pained look in his eyes; I tore my eyes away and took deep, shaky breaths "the doctor's going to come and check on you okay? We're going to find out what's wrong and we're going to help you (Y/N)".

Carl pressed his lips to my forehead and closed his eyes, brushing my hair from my face and smoothing it down before he pulled away and took a seat beside me. It wasn't long until a male entered the room, he was tall, skinny, balding.

You could see the clear smile lines at the corners of his mouth, the crows feet wrinkles at the edges of his eyes. The man was old, yet his light green eyes held life, kindness. He smiled and lowered himself to his knees in front of me, holding his hand out for a shake "my name's Graham, little miss. Graham Dubai".

I grasped his hand weakly, shaking it twice before letting it go and gripping Carl's sleeve tightly "now, I've been hearing that you've been having some-- delusions as of late, is that right?" he questioned, taking a seat on the edge of the table in front of me.

I gulped and nodded "I'm going to perform a few tests is that okay? Since we don't have the technology from hospitals anymore I'm going to have to make due, which means you're going to need to tell me the truth about everything so I don't get this wrong and prescribe the wrong medication" he rose his brows, tilting his head down slightly expectantly.

I hesitated for a moment for nodding once more, the first test was normal, Shining a light in my eyes and testing my pupils for response. "Normal responses to light, your vision is fi-" Harry. He stepped in front of the doctor, blocking out the light "you don't need this (Y/N), you're not sick" he whispered.

"Woah! Did you see that? Your pupils were completely unresponsive just then" Graham whispered as Harry's imagine disappeared. I flinched at the bright light in my eyes and glanced away, the balding male clicked down on the end of the torch and switched it off.

"This is certainly very interesting" he mumbled as he pushed his torch into his shirt pocket. He walked over to the desk and began to write something down on a post-it-note. "We have a microscope that we salvaged from a lab so I'm going to take a blood sample, all right?" Graham questioned.

I gulped and nodded, rolling up my sleeve displaying the inside of my arm to him. He pulled a syringe out of an unopened packet, no doubt he got it from an abandoned clinic. Graham wiped it down with some rubbing alcohol to sterilize it.

He dabbed my flesh with a alcohol soaked cotton ball before he hovered the needle above my skin, I glanced away. My eyes locked on Carl's, he sent me a small reassuring smile. Squeezing my hand in his own, I leaned my head on his shoulder, flinching at the needle pricked my skin.

After a minute or two the syringe was full and being pulled out of my arm, a clean cotton ball pressed against the small wound to stop the bleeding. Graham took a deep breath as he put the cap back on the needle "this will take a while so you can go home for now, I'll call as soon as I get something".

Carl assisted me to stand, gripping my hand and leading me out of the house "you feeling okay?" he asked, eyebrows furrowed in worry. I sent him a weak smile and nodded, a wave of nausea hit me. My head spinning, my stomach turning and my throat tightening. I squeezed my eyes closed to prevent myself from puking at the sight of everything spinning. 

I stopped and placed a hand on my forehead staggering slightly, Carl placed a hand on my back "(Y/N)?". When I opened my eyes, I saw lines. Squiggly lines. Moving lines. Across my eyes like-- like worms.

I let out a shriek and stumbled back further, Carl gripped me tightly so I didn't fall "(Y/N)? (Y/N)! What is it? What's wrong?" he asked rapidly "p-p--" I stuttered, staring dead ahead at the odd wavey lines crossing my vision.

"P--?" Carl ushered. I looked up at him, attempting to see passed the movements, tears building in my eyes.

"Parasites"