20

California was amazing. I loved it. I love her. My beautiful fiancé.

We just got home, right now she's outside getting something while I'm inside waiting for her to come in because I want cuddles.

"Babygirl can you come down please?" I heard her scream for me.

While away we discovered babygirl is a pet name I love so now she calls me that.

"Coming."

I put on shoes and walked down in my very short shorts and a tank top.

When I stepped into the living room I saw the lawyer I met with a few weeks ago.

"Mr Parker. Hi. I wasn't expecting company. Let me just go change."

"Jillian is fine and you don't have to. Just sit yeah? I have some news for you."

"Baby this is that lawyer."

She nodded her head and we all sat down.

"Your father has been arrested. He was put out on bail but he has some serious charges against him."

Rachel squeezed my hand before wrapping an arm around my waist.

"What charges?" I said in a soft voice not really being able to speak.

"Sexual assault and fraud. Quite a few woman who work for him came foward. He's facing quite a few years."

"You're my lawyer right? Can I testify against him or whatever?"

"Well yes you can but what would you even say has he done anything to you?"

I nodded my head feeling Rachel move a hand up and down my back.

"Do you have proof?"

I looked Rachel and back at Jillian.

"I think so? If you can get DNA from a dead person then yes I have proof."

He nodded.
"Give me time to get the legal paperwork done to exhume a body."

"It's buried somewhere else. There's a trail behind my old house that leads  into woods. There's a red marker along the trail. It's a flag and it has blue in it. You'll find it there."

He nodded and got up to leave, not before hugging me and telling me he was sorry. Why do people always say that?

"Baby whose body is that? You don't have to tell me but I'd like to know."

"My baby."

Thinking about her brought back all those memories. She would have been so loved if she were still here.
"Come here my love."

She pulled me into her and sat us down on the couch.

"I had a late term miscarriage. It was a few weeks before I was due so I had to still give birth to her. He took me to a friend who was a doctor. He wanted to burn her but I took her and buried my baby. I was punished for it but I didn't care. My baby deserved more than to be burnt in a backyard fire."

"When's her birthday?"

"November 25. Someone needs to explain to me how a kid goes from perfect attendance to missing weeks and months at a time with no questions asked. Oh yea because every time I'd change schools."

"How did none of your teachers notice anything?"

"He probably paid them off. And I changed schools alot."

"Baby I have a question. You don't have to answer."

"I'll answer anything you ask me."

She smiled and looked down at me.