Epilogue

It's been a few years. Alot has happened in that time. Alex and Joe got married a in a beautiful ceremony. Rachel had a healthy and beautiful baby girl who we named Emily. I finished college and got a job even though I know I don't need one. Rachel is now a professor at the university. And I gave birth to another beautiful baby girl, Cara. We also adopted a wonderful 12 year old girl and her siblings. Her name is Lily and her siblings are Henry who's 13 and Everly, a sweet 5 year old.

So that's our family.
Henry who's 13.
Lily, 12.
Emily, 11.
Cara, 6.
And sweet Everly, 5.

We have our hands very full but I wouldn't want it any other way. They fight like any siblings would but they love each other and that's all that matters. Dinner time is never boring and we make it a point to be active in their lives.

Alex had twin boys and her and Joe adopted a girl, the boys are 8 and my niece is 15.

Today is our 12 year wedding anniversary and we're spending it at home with the family.

I got the kids to help me choose a gift for Rachel and we chose a necklace with all our initials on it.

And I have another gift that no one knows about.

"Family I'm home!"

We heard the front door open and 5 people charging towards it to give their mum a hug.

"Mum!"

I stood in the kitchen, listening in on the conversation with a smile on my face.

"Yeah angel?"

"It's your anniversary with mama."

"Yes darling it is. So why don't you guys go wash your hands and come eat dinner. And I got dessert."

I assume they all nodded because I heard no response but rather them running to their rooms and my wife coming to the kitchen.

"Well hello Mrs. Meyers."

I looked at her and she was still as beautiful as the day I fell in love. She just got back from a 3 day trip to Washington and I missed her so much.

"I missed you baby."

"I'm sure you did. Come here my love."

I walked over to her and let her sweet vanilla scent engulf me while I wrapped my arms around her torso.

"Baby I can hear you sniffle. What's wrong mi amor?"

"I missed you. The kids missed you. 3 days is too long." I mumbled against her.

"I'm sorry angel. I'll make it up to you. Now you go sit and I'll get the table sorted."

I nodded and walked away, stopping at the door when she called my name.

"And happy 12 years babygirl."

I ran back and kissed her.

"I love you. Happy 12 years baby."

———

After dinner we put the kids to bed because they had busy days tomorrow.

Rachel and I got into bed and did our favourite thing. Cuddled.

"Baby I have to tell you something."

My head was against her chest and she stroked my hair.

"Yeah babygirl?"

Here goes nothing.

I guided her hand to my tummy where our baby girl or boy was growing in.

"You're pregnant?"

I shook my head eagerly while tears fell.
"I'm pregnant."

Rachel cried into my shoulder. We were having another baby.

When she finished she kissed me and got up and did a small dance out of the bed.
"We're having another kid!"

"Yes we are."

"Do our kids know?"

"No. Joe knows. And Alex obviously. But other than them you're the only one baby."

"You look beautiful pregnant. This calls for even more of a celebration than the vacation we're taking. Okay. Call Joe. Invite the family on vacation. We're having a baby baby. I love you sooooo much."

I laughed at her and nodded before pulling her down back to bed. I really needed sleep.

My life worked out perfectly. I'm a proud mother of 5, soon to be 6. I have amazing nephews and a gorgeous niece. My sisters are wonderful. And my wife, she is the best thing that happened to me and I'll always be grateful that I was saved by her.