Hallowed 3

"Mr. Kim Taehyung?"

One of the officers asked to which Taehyung simply nodded his head.

"I'm inspector Min Yoongi and this is my partner officer Park Jihoon. We're here to ask you some questions. Will that be okay?" He asked, looking at Taehyung with serious eyes.

He showed Taehyung their identification card, confirming their identity.

"It's okay. What is it about?" Taehyung asked, not really having any idea what's going on.

"Are your parents home?" Inspector Min inquired, discreetly scanning the inside of the apartment from the slightly opened door.

"I'm living with my brother. He just left a while ago for work." Taehyung informed.

"That might be a problem." Inspector Min sighed as he thought of a way to do the interrogation while still following legal measures.

"Will you be willing to answer a few questions without the guidance of your brother? Of course, you have the right to refuse if you're not comfortable answering our queries without the presence of an adult." Inspector Min said as he tried studying Taehyung's face.

"I'll be turning 18 next month." Taehyung stated as a matter of fact which surprised the officers.

"I'll answer your questions even without my brother." He added, making the inspector smile.

"Okay. If you insist." Inspector Min said as he looked at the young man in front of him.

A minor can accept an interview from police officers even if there's no legal guardian around. As long as the minor is willing and not forced to do so.

"Is it alright if we do the interview inside?"

"Okay." Taehyung opened the door to allow the two to enter when a voice suddenly erupted in the hallway.

"Yo!"

All of them turned to look at the direction where the voice came from and saw a man with a bubbly face walking towards them.

"Inspector Yoongi." The man called out to which the inspector just groaned.

"Damn. He just pops up like a fucking mushroom everywhere we go." Inspector Min uttered in annoyance which made officer Park laugh.

"I'm betting your ass he really has a huge crush on you." Officer Park teased, earning a glare from the inspector.

"Small world. Can't believe you're also here." The man smiled, placing his arm around the inspector's shoulders.

The inspector couldn't hide his distaste and the controlled annoyance in the tone of his voice when he spoke.

"What are you doing here again, detective Jeong Hoseok?" Inspector Min removed the arm on his shoulders, stepping away a little from the detective.

"Just had a client around the area." Detective Jeong answered as he looked at Taehyung.

"Hi there. Can I join the interview? I also have some questions in mind." He asked, smiling brightly.

"Okay." Taehyung agreed as he guided the three men inside the apartment.

He invited them to sit on the couch, but detective Jeong declined and continued to roam his eyes around the house in fascination.

Taehyung followed his movements but the detective just smiled.

"Don't mind me." Detective Jeong uttered as he hummed around.

Taehyung turned his attention to the inspector and officer now sitting opposite to him.

"Could you now tell me what's going on?" Taehyung asked, eyes fixated on the files officer Park placed on the table.