Hallowed 6

The supermarket was a bit crowded on a Sunday afternoon when Taehyung and his brother Jin decided to buy a few things they need.

"Do you want pasta for dinner?"

His brother asked as Taehyung silently pushed the cart and followed him.

"Anything's fine." He responded, scanning the items on the rack as they passed by the snacks section.

"Okay. We'll have that, then." Jin roamed his eyes around and caught sight of the meat section.

"We should probably have steak too." Jin enthusiastically said, immediately heading to the direction with Taehyung still silently following behind.

This has always been the scenario whenever Jin and him would go buy some groceries.

It will take them a long time going around, here and there, because his brother isn't fond of making grocery list and would just think of the things to buy on the spot.

"I'll make salad too." Jin muttered before pointing out the meat parts he'd like to purchase.

"Is there an occasion, hyung?" Taehyung asked, noticing how his brother was spending more than the usual.

Jin just smiled before taking his purchase and placing it on the separate basket in their cart.

"My publisher will be visiting later for dinner." Jin finally answered.

"The one I've met before?" Taehyung questioned.

"Uh-huh." His brother briefly responded, still continuously placing a lot of things on their cart.

"The one with dimples?" Taehyung wanted to confirm.

"Uh-huh." Jin answered, spotting the drinks he's been eyeing since they arrived.

"Your boyfriend?" Taehyung asked once more.

"Uh-huh." Jin mindlessly responded.

It took him a long while to realize Taehyung's question before his eyes turned wide, cheeks becoming bright pink in color as he panicked.

"Taetae!" Jin blurted out, feeling so embarrassed. He looked at his brother who still has a blank face.

This made Jin sigh as he fanned his face with his hands. He looked anywhere but Taehyung which made him see the line at the cashier now getting a bit long.

"You go ahead and wait for me in one of those lines. I'll just get a few more things then I'll join you there." Jin diverted the topic and instructed him instead which made Taehyung nod.

He pushed the half-filled cart toward the big cart section as he silently waited in line.

He hasn't been standing there for a long while when he heard a familiar voice.

"Taehyung?"

At the call of his name, he turned to look and saw the owner.

"It's really you. This must be my lucky day." the man grinned as he approached closer, immediately placing his arm over Taehyung's shoulder, pulling him close as if they're that kind of friends.

"Hyun Jae." Taehyung acknowledged.

"Are you alone?" Jae asked to which Taehyung just shakes his head.

"Too bad. I thought maybe I could accompany you if you're alone." He added in a suggestive tone, but Taehyung couldn't discern that.

He glanced at the guy's hand now gliding over his right arm.