Hallowed 11

"Where should I put these?" Taehyung asked, referring to the food he's holding.

He was standing in the middle of the room with not much furniture or appliances. It's almost empty if not for the small couch by the wall, the cabinet where an old cassette player was placed, and the dining table obviously only for a single person.

"Let me." Jungkook uttered, carefully taking the plastic of food in his hands.

"Sorry if my place looks like shit. I barely have anything here since I'm not always around." The ravenette said as he arranged the food on the table.

"I kind of like it." Taehyung responded, still with a blank expression.

He roamed his eyes around, stopping on the cassette player where the familiar tune was being played on repeat.

"I always hear this song whenever I passed by your unit, hyung. Is this your favorite song?" Taehyung asked, walking towards the cassette player.

"Hm.. I can't really say it's my favorite. I just like the sound of it." Jungkook answered, now looking at Taehyung's back and his careful hands that touched the object of his interest.

"It sounds nice." Taehyung whispered.

It's not like he could show his emotions from his face nor feel anything, but the song really did sound somewhat nice.

With its unique melody and the accompaniment of the mellow sound coming from the piano, the song felt calming yet intriguing.

Not to mention, the lyrics seemed inappropriate and dark, a total contradictory to its sound.

Pierce in the heart,
Burn every bone,
Turn this evil soul,
Into ashes of gold.

Cries full of sins,
Tears bloody red,
Let this darkness
be met by death.

"What's the title?" He asked, now looking back to meet the ravenette's eyes that were already on him during the entire time.

"This may sound weird, but I don't actually know." Jungkook replied with a smile.

"I just like playing it on repeat. Weird right?" The ravenette added as he shrugged.

Taehyung just shook his head in response, all the while staring at those dark eyes.

No one spoke with only the solemn beat coming from the cassette player filling the space between them.

"You know.." Jungkook suddenly uttered, breaking the silence with his deep voice as he continued to stare at Taehyung.

"I always felt like you wanted to say something whenever you look at me." He added in a husky voice just enough for Taehyung to hear every word.

"Was it just in my imagination or not?" He continued, still gazing at the younger's expressionless face.

"What about you, hyung? Don't you have anything to say to me?" Taehyung asked back, earning a look of confusion from the ravenette.

"What do you mean by that?" Jungkook asked, arms folded across his chest as he leaned his lower back on the table.

Taehyung didn't answer. He shrugged, now finally turning fully to face the other with his back leaning by the cabinet.

There's a distance between the two of them, yet their eyes only focused on each other.

"Nothing. I just thought you would wish me something for my birthday." Taehyung replied in barely a whisper.

He saw Jungkook smile once more before walking towards him, closing the distance.