Hallowed 20

Bleak memory of what had happened yesterday was the first thing Taehyung had woken up to at the crack of dawn.

He found himself lying on top of bed like the usual, the only difference was his vague memory of ever going to bed last night.

"When did I fall asleep?" He murmured, eyes roaming in his surrounding and only then did it register to him that he's not in his own room.

"Where...?" He trailed off, searching his mind of the last thing that he could remember from yesterday.

When he went home, his brother was already waiting for him. After that, he quickly entered his room to look for the gift Jungkook mentioned in his message and then...

And then?

"What happened?" Taehyung murmured as he tried to recall what transpired after that.

But that was it.

He went out of bed and just in time, the door opened, revealing Seokjin's surprised face.

"Taetae.." Jin called out in hesitation as he went near him.

"Are you feeling alright?" The older asked as Taehyung simply nodded.

"What happened, hyung? Where are we?" Taehyung asked, immediately noticing the sudden change of expression on Jin's face.

Hesitation? Fear?

"About that..." Jin trailed off, seemingly uncertain whether to continue or not.

As he was about to say the words he had thoroughly thought of, the door opened once more and in came the person Taehyung didn't expect to see.

"Detective?" Taehyung uttered as his gaze landed on the face of the man who gave him a nod.

"Hey. How are you feeling?" Hoseok asked, throwing a look on Seokjin who immediately understood what that gaze meant.

Taehyung didn't know what to respond as his fixated gaze on Jin made the latter wary.

"You should rest until the effects of the drug wear out. By the way, I need to discuss some things with you, Mr. Kim." Hoseok said, pertaining to Jin who immediately followed the man outside the room, leaving Taehyung still with a lot of unanswered questions.

Drug?

Taehyung could feel something in the pit of his stomach, like an uncomfortable feeling that didn't feel quite right.

He went to follow the two out and as soon as he stepped foot on the hallway, he saw men in black guarding the door of what seemed to be a hotel room.

"What's going on?" Taehyung asked as one man stopped him from going further out.

He could only stare at his brother and the detective who were in a deep conversation.

Taehyung was no expert in reading the expression on his brother's face. With the way his eyes turned wide, brows almost in one line, Taehyung could not clearly tell.

But he knew something was off.

Something didn't feel right.

Just the fact that he's in a hotel room with men guarding his every move, and his inability to recollect the things that transpired yesterday, Taehyung could tell.

They're hiding something from him.

With not much choice, Taehyung decided to go back inside the room which seemed to have felt bigger than how it was supposed to be.

Like a cage confining him.

A lot of things were flashing in his mind nonstop. Hypotheses, possibilities, conclusions.