Hallowed 7

"Knock knock.."

Inspector Yoongi didn't need to look by the doorway to know who's the uninvited guest continuously knocking in rhythm.

"If you're here to meddle with the case I'm working on, better leave." He warned, eyes fixated on the recent case file of Hyun Jae that he's been studying.

"You're too cold as always." Detective Hoseok said in a sad tone, a scripted one for sure.

"I just wanted to know a few things.. and possibly share a bit of information I gathered." The detective added as he roamed around the inspector's office.

This made the other sigh as he looked up with a serious face.

"What is it?" Yoongi asked, making detective Hoseok snicker.

"You only want to cooperate when there's something in return." He said in a hurt voice that made Yoongi roll his eyes.

"Cut the crap." He retorted, earning a grin from the detective.

"Tell me the details that you have first." Hoseok demanded which in turn earned a defeated sigh from the inspector.

"Fine." Yoongi hesitantly handed the file to Hoseok who received it with a smile.

He browsed the report and the pictures of the crime scene attached to it.

"It's him." Yoongi whispered.

"Hm." The detective understood the implications of his words as he stared at one particular picture.

"I told you... that damn killer is back." Yoongi gritted his teeth.

Since becoming an inspector for three years, Yoongi had been after a certain serial killer who had his last appearance ten years ago.

His father was the head officer in charge of the cases involving the unknown killer back then but even before they could catch him, he suddenly stopped killing.

Some believed he had died somewhere, maybe got a taste of his own medicine, but Yoongi didn't buy that shit.

He didn't stop looking for clues because he knew there will come a time that the damn killer will just show up.

And now, he's sure as hell he's back.

"Did the pattern of the killings match with the previous ones from ten years ago?" Hoseok asked to which Yoongi nodded.

"Remember the case of Kim Yeri?" Yoongi asked, taking one of the files underneath a mountain of files.

Yoongi showed him a picture of the symbol that they have seen in the previous cases.

Three dots forming a triangle was seen next to the body of Kim Yeri, written through the use of the victim's lipstick.

The same symbol was seen on Hyun Jae's body written through his own blood.

"The last crime he had committed ten years ago, Josh Kruger's case and the previous cases have the same shit written on their bodies." Yoongi informed.

"That's not enough to prove it's the same killer from way back." Hoseok said, placing the files back on the table.

"It could just be one of his followers, or just a random person who wanted to make it look like he's the same killer from before." Hoseok argued only to get a glare from the other.

"I know you will say that." Yoongi looked so pissed.

"We never disclosed any information about the killer and his ways to anyone... and besides.." He added, pointing out the results that show a trace of drug found in the bodies of the victims.