Hallowed 17

⚠️ Sensitive Content: The author is in no way supporting the scenes that follow nor intending to offend anyone. ⚠️

Pierce in the heart,
Burn every bone,
Turn this evil soul,
Into ashes of gold.

Tears trickled down my face as the music started to resonate in the dark room lit by candles circling around where I sat.

I blinked my eyes as tears continued to stream down my face, further until it reached and wet the cloth around my mouth.

My muffled sobs and my heavy breathing were all I could hear mixing with the song I grew fond of already... weirdly.

Cries full of sins,
Tears bloody red,
Let this darkness
Be met by death.

I closed my eyes and hummed the song in my head as I heard the footsteps coming nearby.

May this darkness
Be met by death.

The lyrics made my tears fall once more as I silently waited for the door to open. I wanted to run, but both my hands and feet were tied on my chair, restraining any attempt.

And I already knew better than to run away. Nothing good could come out of it anyway.

Sinner
Sinner

Let this sinner
Be doomed to death.

Before the music could play on repeat, the door slammed open and came the people I had come to hate.

"Hello, angel. Have you finally repented from your sins?" Her voice sounded soft and assuring, like that of someone who truly cared.

But I had known better. After all, how many times had this been already? For how long should I experience this to be 'cured'?

Can I be cured?

Or was I really sick to begin with?

Sick... was I really?

Wasn't it really normal for a boy to like another boy?

Maybe... I was really sick... A sinner.

"Look at me. Have you finally realized what grave sin you are committing?" She asked once more, face leveling on my own.

I could see her veil framing her face as she stared deep in my eyes. She used to look at me with fondness but now, all I could see was nothing but judgment.

I silently nodded as tears continued to trickle down my eyes.

I wanted to run... to be free.

Maybe if I lie and just pretend that I was cured... maybe she'll free me from all of this.

However, the faces of the people that came inside the room with her had my body trembling.

No!

"Let us be sure if you're finally cured." She stood, her habit long and black as she turned and allowed the people to circle around me.

Their gaze made my tears stream heavily as I muffled my cries for help... begged them to have mercy.

But just like any of the days that had gone by, nobody listened.

They started to chant a ritual as all of them simultaneously began hitting my body with a flogger.

Each blow had my eyes shutting in pain as tears continued to wet my face.