Hallowed 13

"Hey."

Taehyung lifted his gaze away from the monitor at the call of Jimin who's now leaning by the wall near his working station.

"Let's eat out after this. I'm pissed and I need to eat it out before I lose my shit." Jimin uttered in annoyance.

"What happened?" Taehyung asked in a straight face.

This had Jimin sighing as he run a hand over his disheveled hair, the first two buttons of his polo were undone, tie nowhere to be found.

By the looks of it, he'd been working nonstop and probably in the verge of losing his temper.

"That fucking supervisor of mine keeps on dumping all his work to me. Like what the fuck? I don't even benefit well enough for this shit." Jimin complained, voice getting a bit loud.

"Maybe he just wants you to gain more experience. It's a good thing to add in your CV." Taehyung responded, making Jimin roll his eyes.

"Yeah right. Being an overworked intern would really land me a great job." Jimin sarcastically said as he sighed and frustratedly ran his hand on his hair once more.

"Well, whatever. Just eat with me later, so I could let off steam." Jimin added before getting back to his own cubicle.

Taehyung didn't say anything as he went back to finishing the document his supervisor asked him to do.

His eyes were focused on the monitor when his phone vibrated in his pocket and a message from an unknown number was plastered on the screen.

011-9795-XXXX
I'll see you tonight.

Taehyung stared at the message for a long while before typing a reply.

Okay, hyung.

He just hit the reply, and it only took a few seconds before another message came.

011-9795-XXXX
I'm amazed, little lamb.

Taehyung did not need to read the message the second time to understand what the other meant.

I'll always know it's you whenever, wherever.

He replied as he saved the number with the contact name 'That Hyung'. He was about to slide his phone back in his pocket when a reply came once more.

That Hyung
As you should or I would've done something to engrave a memory of me in you

Taehyung quickly typed a reply.

Cut my fingers?

He pressed send as he stared at his phone screen for a long time before it vibrated.

That Hyung
You're making me laugh, little lamb. That didn't even come close.

That Hyung
I'll see you tonight.

Taehyung knew it was the end of conversation, so he did not reply anymore, sliding his phone inside his pocket before going back at the document he's been working on.

————

It was past 8 in the evening when Taehyung arrived home after the dinner he had with Jimin.

He went to Jungkook's apartment but he seemed to be out. After a few more attempts of ringing the doorbell, Taehyung decided to go home.