Chapter 7

It's a beautiful Saturday. We are on our way to Ariana's school for her netball tournament. We slept late last night with these two forcing me to watch high school musical 1 with them. I ended up giving in and today we will continue with 2 and 3. The reason they asked is because their mom refused because there's kissing in between. Did I not laugh. Lindiwe is crazy. They always kiss with Max in front of them now they can't watch a movie. Parents!!
We get to the school early and find a seat in front. Kazi made us draw Team Ariana on a box just because she thinks it's cool and she saw it in some white people movie. The game starts and I show them Ari from the court.

They keep on screaming her name as she plays. On their break she looked at our direction and waved at me. I should have gotten her something to drink but they provide them with water also. The game continues and the home team wins 4-2. Ariana scored one goal. We were the loudest crowd in the court and it's just the three of us.

We walk to the car. I am not sure if I'll see Ari cause she'll leave with her friend's mom. Oh wait my boss is here. When did he get here? He comes our direction.

"I didn't know you have kids" he says as finally reaches us

"I also didn't know you watch netball" I say with a smirk. He chuckles

"My daughter was playing" he says and also greets the kids and they greet back and leave to the car.

"They are Lindiwe's kids so I borrowed them to support Ari cause she blackmailed me to come watch her" I say

"I see. So what's the blackmail all about?" he asks with raised eyebrow

"I'd love to tell but it's kind of a secret hence the blackmail." I say and Ari comes running towards us. She attacks me with a hug

"You came. Thank you. Where are your kids that I saw you with" she asks and does not acknowledge her dad's presence.

I tell her it's a pleasure and they are in the car. She just says 'Hi dad' and goes to my car. I hope they get along because Kazi is kind of feisty.

I look at Zwelakhe to find him looking at me. I clear my throat and he quickly moves his eyes everywhere but not to me.

"Where's your wife or baby mama?" I ask. He frowns at my question before answering.

"I don't have neither and I'd love not to talk about it" he says with his modulated voice. It's kind of deep

Okay. I guess I get to be personal with his work and not the outside life. It's okay I can leave with that it's not like he is my friend. He says he will drive with Ariana back home as the friend's mom is about to leave

"So when did you get here from Pretoria" I ask because he seemingly does not plan to leave yet.

He answers with "just the moment Ariana scored the goal" and I ask where is going to take her for the celebration. His answer is a plain "Nowhere I didn't know they have to celebrate". Really? Some things are not in a manual but you create it.

"Okay then I am going to take mine and leave. I'll call Ari for you" I say walking to my car. He is following me

"Or we can all go celebrate together" he says. I stop and look at him briefly.

I suggest we go to my place and the three kids will continue with High School Musical in their bedroom. I decide to cook as the adult is watching soccer comfortably on my couch. I make lasagna, my favourite.

"You have a nice house" he says as he comes to the kitchen

"Thank you. My brother bought it and left it to me when he moved to Durban" I say laying the sheets in the pan