Chapter 6

It's half past eleven in the morning. I just woke up and bathed already. I try to find something to wear and settle on my dad's t-shirt which is just above my knees, long socks and slippers. I go to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. Zama and Thuli are still sleeping. I will wake them up after breakfast.

~Go-go-go-go~. That's the door. Who could it be. I hope it's not Ntabeni cause I am not in the mood for sex. I head to the door and open. Okay!!!

"Hi. May I please come in" he says and I move for him to get in.

"I came here to apologise for the way I spoke to you yesterday. I could tell that whatever we spoke about on the phone didn't make sense to you so i figured coming whilst you are sober will clear the tension" he says

Wait, did we talk yesterday on the phone? What did I say? Shit!! Did I drunk call my boss. I hope I didn't say anything bad to him. So help me God or I am jobless.

"Okay" that's all I can say. He hands me the box of Ferrero Rocher chocolates with a note that says 'Peace Offering'. I smile

"Thank you" I say and turn to put them on the kitchen counter. I turn to find him staring at me

"You didn't apologise though" he says sternly looking at me.

Apologise for what. He is the one who shouted at me. He comes too close and stands in front of me.

"I am waiting." He says with a smirk. Like what I am going to apologise for.

"I am sorry for calling you to ask about where you are. I was concerned and also needed your signature on other documents besides the court one." I say. He's staring is uncomfortable.

"Is that all Tali." He asks, coming closer. The next we are kissing. Damn Talitha!! Snap out of it. I try to stop but the kiss is just damn good.

"Litha, who were you talk....." Zama says coming out of the bedroom and quickly turn back.

Shit!!!

Zwelakhe looks at me firmly for a second and walks out. Oh my god. What just happened. Damn. How am I going to look at him Monday. I exhale

I prepare breakfast and call them girls to come eat. They appear like people who were eavesdropping or something. We start eating and having a light conversation about our lives. It's been a minute since we hooked up. We always talk over the phone and that's about it.

"Curiosity killed a cat Zama but since you are wondering what's up. That was my boss. He was here apologise about him lashing out on me yesterday and the next thing the kiss happened" I explain as I can see Zama wants to ask

"Are you dating him" Thuli

"No and we never had an encounter like this before let alone him staring at me anyway but today was just different" I say as I am also shocked by what happened

"How are you going to look at him Monday?" Zama asks. Exactly my concern also.
I answer with an honest "I don't know"

"Wait what did I say to this guy cause he made me apologise for something I don't know and also asking if that was my all apology.

"You lashed at him and cried when he lashed out more...and let's not forget the F word you used on him" Thuli says standing up with our dishes to the sink.

Oh my Goodness. I sigh.

"Well you and drunk calling are not friends my dear. You remember when you called Nkosi" Zama says.

How can I forget that. My concern is the present and not about the jerk ass I once loved. Maybe it was my drunk calling that got Nkosi to date me but the years ruled that out. Maybe he did love me then.