Chapter 26 (Last Chapter)

"DO you regret it?" 

Laura, my five year old girl suddenly asked me. Her eyes showed a deep curiosity as I asked.

"What?" I stared back at her round eyes that is full of questions. I smiled at her as I brushed her hair.

"Of course not. We did not work out but he was the best thing that ever happened to me. I am not regretting any of it," I answered, my eyes were shining while smiling.

She giggled at my answer. The door opened and a perfectly fine man entered.

"Let's go, Laura. It's time for your school," Di-A said. He glanced at me and smiled.

"Your aunt's telling you a fairytale, again?"

"It's not a fairytale, daddy! It's true kaya! Tobias is true!" Di-A stopped but later on he smiled.

"Right... you win, my princess. Let's go and catch your class."

I waved them goodbye. As soon as they left I sat and stared into nothingness.

I remember what happened that day. It's been a decade... Di-A has now a family. He's a fine man, now. While I just stayed at home. I stopped working from my previous work, perhaps Di-A's now the one that is providing his love ones.

He told me to stop working and rest.

Enjoy my life a little more.

But I think, life's just not exciting as it was anymore.

I stared at my reflection. Tiredness was visible on my face but it did not cover my beauty. I've live with my life for over 33 years and I am tired.

Inayos ko ang aking buhok at tumayo. My long hair's tied with a low bun. As I wore a dress.

I roamed my eyes around the room and I sighed.

I closed the door behind me while I began to walk outside. The road was silent. The sun is dancing before me while the wind waves around, delicately.

The moment I reached my destination, I stopped and gazed at it. Its familiar ancient wood made the butterflies inside my stomach bloomed.

We meet again...

I discovered that the door magically appeared on the abandoned house next to our house. At first, I did not try to open or go back.

I put my palms on the wooden door. And suddenly I felt a familiar feeling.

I sighed.

But I am willing to risk everything just to see that world again...

I put my hand on the handle and did not try to look back on the world that I have lived for years.

As soon as I went in, a familiar forest welcomed me. The wind rustled and I walked. I could hear the water falls in the distance. A smile crept in as I walked closer.

A familiar waterfalls made an impact in my chest as I tried to hold back my tears. I sat on the big rock, enchanted by the familiar scene.

The leaves loudly rustled behind me.

I paused.

Dahan-dahan akong lumingon. I lowly gasped.

My heart, which had just stop going crazy, began to palpitate again. A familiar figure slowly approached me. His warm gaze raised a wave of goosebumps all over my skin while walking. His appearance did not change a thing but it does look a lot manly and mature.

His familiar red eyes became darker as he gazed at my face. It was sparking without a doubt. I can't help but to close my eyes when I suddenly felt his warm breath on my cheek.

Without making a word, he traced my face using his fingers, down to my lips and stopped at my neck. I loudly whimpered. Not because of what he did.

But because how my body misses his touch.

"You came back..." His lips slowly curled into a grin. His deep yet manly voice made the shivers on my body awakened.

He turned to me. His eyes were burning with something...

We both walked towards the wooden door. He tightly hold my palm as I felt him glance.

"We both know... that there is no end for us," he murmured, smiling genuinely.

As our fingers intertwined. We did not stop and look beyond the door that once made our love possible and alive.

For beyond the door, we closed and shut the magical world behind us and began to make our own utopia.

As we both know, that this is just the beginning of us.

— The End.

Sunday, November 29, 2020.