Chapter 25

"Napapansin ko na talaga 'yong mga sulyap sa 'yo ni Sir Sullivan. It seems like you caught his attention," Jeo whispered at me as he glanced at Mr. Sullivan.

Mahina ko siyang siniko at nagpataymalisya.

"Ang oa mo," ani ko.

Nagkibit-balikat siya sa aking saad at umayos ng upo. Sumubo ako sa aking burger at napailing. His stares makes me feel nothing.

His stares does not work on me.

"Excuse me, Ms. Torres. I want you to meet me at my office after this lunch," Mr. Sullivan said behind me.

Agad naman akong tumango at nilunok ang aking nginunguya na burger. Matapos sabihin 'yon ay agad siyang umalis. Ibinalik ko ang aking paningin kay Jeo at hindi pinansin ang kaniyang panunukso.

There is only one man who can make me feel butterflies inside my stomach.

***
"Sir?"

"There is something I need to tell you," he said with a hint of seriousness behind his voice. I gulped.

"What is it, sir?"

He tap his fingers on his table while intensely staring at me. He sat quietly, and his face didn't express anything but pure dullness.

My heart raced. And all I can feel was something peculiar... yet extremely familiar.

"How are you?" he asked. His question confused me. I stared at him as he gave a tired sigh. He looked around but his eyes only stopped at mine.

His unfamiliar brown eyes suddenly sent a chill down my spine. My mouth hanged opened as it slowly turned into a familiar red eyes.

His red eyes pierced right through me and all I could do is to peer at him.

"Tobias..." He looked away. He clenched his jaw as I heard him mumbled.

"It was the only way..."

His voice was hoarse and I only stared at him while his face slowly turned into its original form. I silently gasped when his eyes bore onto mine but he immediately looked away. Trying not to look at my face.

"So Pierce was just an act," I bitterly said.

"I'm sorry," he softly whispered. He looked down. Playing with his long thin fingers.

There was a long silence between us. Perhaps it was not solitude. Or awkwardness. It was just pure silence.

Not even the air conditioner's sound did not try to hinder.

"Why are you here, Tobias?" His eyes bore onto mine as if he was expecting my question. But his eyes showed a hint of pain that I tried not to notice.

"I have a business here—"

"Stop. Lying." I closed my eyes as I heaved a deep sigh.

"Go home..." I softly whispered. I opened my eyes to meet his.

Tears welled on his eyes as I suddenly closed my eyes and a strong wind passed on my face. He pressed his forehead against mine, his hot breath touching my lips as I continued to whisper,

"Go back to where you belong..." I continued.

"But I belong to you." Tobias spoke slowly as if had no strength. In fact, he was just whispering and I could only hear his pain.

We were both so in pain. And we could only whisper at each other. He never try to look at me and so I did.

"Maybe we are not meant for each other," I painfully said. He pulled me to hug and his warmth embraced my body.

"Perhaps it was just fate that brought us together and it tested us..."

His hug tightened. He did not like what he was hearing but we both knew that it was the truth.

"Maybe my blood was just the one that tied us together. Maybe because..." Tears welled up on my eyes as I sobbed silently.

"Maybe because your world is different than mine."

"Stop." Tobias voice cracked. I could hear his pain and while he was hugging me. He lowly growled and stood still, still hugging me.

"Just please... stop and let me hug you."

"This is breaking my heart," he painfully whispered as he took my waist and his grip firmed.

We both stayed in our position in a long minute. After that, I stepped back. His face gave a dissatisfaction but I looked away.

"Explain everything," I said in a firm voice.

I heard him gave a deep sigh.

"You cannot go back in my world..." My throat itch but I continued to listen.

His face was stern while explaining, but later on it slowly turned in to a soft expression. Like he did not like what he was saying. And I think that is the truth.

"There is this peculiar atmosphere that is not suitable for a normal body. It makes you weak... and I will not like what happens next when it makes you weak. If you stay there any longer, you will die. You're not safe there," he paused.

"My love, do you hear me? I don't want to lose you..." he softly said. At first, I was listening while looking at him. But later on, I realized how much his appearance changed.

He grew taller and muscular. His jet-black hair that was short and are now tucking on the side of his ear. He also grew some beard but he looks more hot than an adult and his pinkish lips' just still the same.

But I wonder what it tastes like?

My eyes met his. His jaw twitched as he examined my face. "I'm leaving..." he said as he stood up.

"Good... don't come back. I can take care of myself." Liar.

At the side of my eyes I saw him slowly nodded. "I love you..." he murmured while staring at me, half close to the door.

My heart loudly thud by just hearing those words, but I looked away.

"Goodbye... you have a kingdom to rule," I replied.

As soon as I heard the door shut, there was this electrifying energy beneath me that also shut down. His presence still lingers in my body but as soon as he left.

It also left me.