44. Pride

As Govardhan and Neeranjana walked hand in hand Laxman's eyes teared up. Raghav placed his hand on Laxman's shoulder and asked him "Are you happy Lucky?". Lucky nodded and was hesitating to speak. Raghav understood that something was bothering Laxman and asked what it was.

Laxman after a lot of contemplating pleaded very hesitantly "Anna! Can I take Arihaan home? I know he is your son but it has been more than 12 hours he has been away from me. I promise I won't make it a habit to take him everyday. Maybe once a week, no actually thrice a week, or I could come and play with him..." before he could continue Raghav inturupted saying "I know you cannot live without having him around for a single day. Whom are you kidding Lucky? You don't need any permission Lucky. I am sure he cannot live without you either. It's going to take a long time for him to accept me".

Laxman acknowledged Raghav's anguish but couldn't stop himself from running back to Arihaan who was seated on Shriya's lap and constantly blabbering how he had been an exceptionally good boy during the wedding which went on forever. "Amma! I stood in line. Amma! I did not pull anyone's hail amma. Amma! You know I did not shout or clap". Shriya kissed him at every sentence as a gift for being a good boy.

Shriya tried really hard to make him eat a slice of garlic bread but was failing miserably as her boy wouldn't stop jabbering. Her Duggu wanted to do everything but eat and she did not know what to do. To her rescue came Laxman who assured her that he would feed the boy.
Laxman said "Mojo baby only eats when he hears stories of star wars Shriya! So leave it to me and I guess there are others here who are also expecting kisses for carrying themselves wonderfully and doing good deeds".

Shriya's eyes widened on the last part of Laxman's words. She tried hard not to blush as her eyes involuntarily looked at Raghav. Laxman tapped on her shoulders to get her attention and said "I meant other kids here you know" pointing towards Arihaan's friends. Shriya glared at Laxman for teasing her to which he held his ear as a gesture to forgive him.

"Laxman what about Sharanya aunty and Drona uncle? Will they not even talk to each other?" asked Shriya in a concerned voice. "Shriya! I will handle my pappa and mamma! You don't worry about them" spoke Avni as she handed a tissue to Shriya.

Shriya nodded in agreement and opened the tissue which read "Meet me in 10 minutes". She understood that it was a message from Raghav. It soothed her that he was not angry. She had imagined all possible things that could go wrong and him being annoyed with her. Anxiety truly eats away a person's sanity.

Shriya rushed towards Raghav who was seated on a bench in the church garden. Shriya hesitantly stood until he looked at her. Raghav's gaze had a hint of mystery but all she could see was immense affection and a spark. He took her hand and made her sit beside him while she was lost in his eyes.

She understood that he was checking her out and to calm her nerves she said rather strongly looking anywhere but his eyes "What is it Feetu? I am really busy! You better tell it quickly".

Raghav smirked and made her eyes look into his by holding her chin "Well! I know you have a crazy boy to look after but few moments with his father would not be a great loss".

Shriya's heart filled with warmth at his words. She still couldn't believe that all this is happening for real. Few days ago if someone would tell her this was what her future was, she would ridicule it to be too far from reality. The fact that her son was alive and her love was beside her made her heart fill with gratitude.

Raghav held her hand as he realised she was lost in painful thoughts by looking at her eyes. All that he read in her dairy resurfaced in his mind. He gulped down the pain that erupted within his throat and questioned "I wanted to ask you Sweetu, how could you be so brave at such young age"?

Shriya looked into his eyes and replied "You know Raghav! Someone special told me something special. I wanted to become the head girl of my school and I used to have a friend Feetu whom I used to call Mr.Philosopher. He once told me no matter however turbulent the journey in an ocean is one person never gets to falter and that is the admiral of ship. So I thought we are all the chief of our life".

Raghav remembered that day when they talked all night on the terrace. He mindlessly said "Those blissful days! Sweetu! I cannot tell you how much I miss them". He moved strands of her hair which inturupted him from looking at her face.

He examined her face thoroughly which made Shriya squirm. She raised her eyebrows questioning why he was looking at her that way "I always knew you were a fighter Sweetu. But I never got to confess I am really proud of you".

Shriya felt nostalgic and content. She wanted to say that he was her source of strength but refrained instead she said "You know Raghav! My Duggu looks just like you. He is a carbon copy of you. Today morning he told me he is proud sorry ploud of me because I am a super I mean suplwoman".

Tears trickled down Shriya's face which Raghav wiped away using his thumb and said "He is all yours Shriya. Don't have any negative feelings in your heart. You won't ever be separated from him and the day he truly understands the meaning of Pride I am sure he will totally feel proud to be your son".

Shriya couldn't control her fragile self and broke down at Raghav's words while he held her tenderly in his arms. She finally could afford to melt in his arms.

In between the sniffling he spoke in her ear "Will you come on a date with me?"

***********
A/N:
Hi guys!
This was written super quickly. Not edited. Do let me know if there are any mistakes.
Also, as I promised it's going to be two more chapters and I will end this story.
I won't keep you waiting.
Thank you for all the love and do comment on this chapter.
Love
♥️♥️