13. Play

***
The birthday party was done. Raghav felt everything was different and beautiful.
He chose to be a silent spectator and watched a group of cousins bond over in a party. He felt positive and nice.

Prakash approached him and said "Raghav why don't you stay back as it's already late. I am sure it's not safe to drive at this hour of night".

Raghav was uncomfortable but nodded a yes.

He was unable to sleep that night and came to the balcony.

He saw Shriya arranging the wind chime which got entangled due to heavy breeze.

" What's up with you sweetu! Do you realise it's 2:00AM ? " Raghav questioned.

" I don't like to leave things entangled Feetu. So it's fine even if I don't sleep" she replied.

Dressed in a aqua coloured night frock she did not have an inch of drowsiness or tiredness in her eyes.

"Feetu! I have an idea why don't you join me on the terrace?" she spoke in a excited tone with a spark in her eyes.

Raghav was confused but followed her commands as it was one major rule.

It was a huge terrace with a 100 watt bulb.
Raghav stood there looking at surroundings.

" Feetu! See we have a mission to accomplish. We are on the terrace above fifth floor and we will have to somehow put this basket in the third floor of that building" Shriya spoke with excitement.

"And before you complain about us wasting time, let me tell you it's veena's birthday" Shriya spoke looking at the basket.

R: Who is veena?
S: A five year old girl who lives in that house in which we will have to drop this gift. She believes in fairy tales and I want her to be happy thinking that an angel actually granted her favourite wish on her birthday.

Raghav tied sticks together and perfectly landed the gift basket in the third floor.

Shriya was about to leave when he said " Sweetu! Why don't you sit here for sometime with me?"

Shriya was hesitant but nodded a yes and sat down.

They both sat near a tank on the terrace. Raghav who was looking at the railway track spoke " The other day I was sketching about detachment sweetu and I couldn't find anything better to draw than railway tracks. They travel together with utmost coordination but their paths don't ever collide. Yet they accomplish the longest of journey of people together".

Shriya spoke "Mr. Philosopher Feetu! Why are you like this? Either you always complain and get irritated or speak about art, life and philosophy. I am really confused by your behaviour. I actually feel bad that you are missing out on life".

He smiled and said " I have you to remind me about all of that"

He looked deep into her eyes and asked " Why are you nervous?"

Shriya replied " You know that I am contesting for the position of school head girl. I have to give my speech. What if I forget lines? I will become a laughing stock on stage and most important question what if the teachers ask why should we choose you as the captain?"

Raghav replied "You know it is dangerous to travel in a sea. It's a fact known but there's a person who doesn't have the privilege to fear. The one who commands the fleet the admiral who is the officer of highest rank in the coast. So if you are an Admiral you ought to think positive and motivate. You will have to shed fear and walk ahead. And Sweetu if you are scared you can look at me and speak. You know that I will never judge you" he completed in an assuring tone.