30.Ring

Arihan kissed Raghav and said "Thank you Pednanna" hugging him. Shriya couldn't take her eyes off her son. She was holding his one tiny finger. Raghav looked at Shriya and said "You look much better than before Ms Shetty. Do you want me to drop you home?"

Shriya nodded her head in a no with a smile on her face still looking at Arihan and Raghav found her extremely adorable. He began smiling looking at her gesture.

Raghav's train of thoughts were broken when he received a phone call. He picked up the call to listen to yelling Neeranjana "What the hell Raghav? Are my feelings of any worth to both of you? How can Lucky invite your dad? You better talk to him" before she could continue Raghav stopped her saying "Mom! I will talk to you once I reach home".

Arihan who could hear Neeranjana shouting remembered about the incident in the morning. He has had a bad experience with her as she would always shout at him even in the past. His nerves became tensed due to fear and he went and hugged Raghav's leg.

Shriya was confused by his behaviour. She was looking at him and found herself helpless. Raghav was diverted by Arihan and cut the call.

"Pednanna! I don't want to go home. Please! Take me somewhele. Take me anywhele" he spoke in a voice with shiver. Shriya went towards him and tried to calm him down but he was not listening. Raghav held him in his arms and said "Zoro! She won't shout at you".

Arihan tried to push his chest crying and asked Raghav to leave him on the floor. Raghav got confused and did not know how to react. As soon as he left him, Arihan ran to a corner hugged his knees and began sobbing. Shriya wanted to go to him but Raghav held her hand.

"Excuse me Raghav! What is happening? Why is he crying? Why are you not letting me go?" She questioned with a shaky voice.

"He's scared of my mom. She shouted at him this morning and he doesn't want to go home as he feels she might shout at him again" Raghav replied. "How can she shout at a child? What did he do to annoy her?" Shriya questioned angrily.

Raghav replied "My family is complicated Shriya! Don't get into this. I think you should go home. You seemed unwell".

Shriya inhaled deeply on his statement and said "I am not going anywhere leaving a crying child with a person who absolutely doesn't know how to handle the situation".

"SHRIYA" Raghav tried speaking but she freed her arm from his grip and went towards the child. Arihan was hugging his knees and she held him from the side and took him on her lap.

He caught himself more tightly but Shriya said "Brave boys are those who speak up about their problems". Arihan looked up at her with silent tears. She wiped his tears and raised her eyebrows asking him to answer.

"Nannamma! Doesn't like me. She shouts at me. She shouted at Lucky in the molning. She shouted at Suplman now" he began to cry again.

Shriya held him close and said "No baby! She shouted at all of you. Does that mean she doesn't like your pednanna and Lucky?".

"She loves them. She shouted on them fol me! She hates me" he replied. Shriya could only say "Nobody can hate you baby. You are just perfect" and tried to calm him down.

Meanwhile Raghav placed a hand on his head and said "Zoro! Nannamma really likes you. It's just she is scared that Lucky and me will love you more than her. So she shouts at us. She doesn't have anybody else. So she is concerned".

This brought a broad smile on Arihan's face. He jumped and said "Let's go home Pednanna! I want to see Lucky". Shriya did not want to let him go. She did not know how she could stop him.