35. Dad

Raghav couldn't believe and felt as if Arihan has just shattered everything he was holding on to. Suddenly the thought of his mother and her affair theory of his father cameback to his mind and made Raghav fall in his own eyes.

He felt ashamed about himself to think so about his father. Then reality of Arihan's words sunk into his system.

Raghav lost his temper and shouted on top of his voice "Arihan! This is not a bloody joke. I know you like Shriya and you are desperate to have a mom. That doesn't mean you speak anything that comes to your mind. YOU BETTER LEARN TO BEHAVE LIKE A CHILD AND NOT LIKE A MANNERLESS ROTTEN BRAT" The intensity of Raghav's voice only increased with each word he spoke.

Govardhan Reddy, Sharanya and Drona who just came home rushed to the room listening to Raghav shouting on top of his voice. Laxman stood still as this was the first time he has seen his brother in such rage. Laxman felt numb and couldn't move from the spot.

Raghav continued to glare at Arihan with his blood red eyes and the three senior members of the family entered the room. Arihan had tears streaming down his face and turned back to look at Laxman who was staring blankly at Raghav.

Govardhan Reddy went and held Raghav's arm and asked him to calm down. Arihan ran away from the room and Sharanya followed the little boy. Drona went ahead and hugged Raghav. Laxman who was still unable to frame words only managed to speak "Nanna! Why don't you ask your elder son to learn to behave with his son" with his voice choking on the last few words.

Govardhan Reddy said "Lucky! Please calm down and I think you should go and look after Arihan. He needs you. Did you not observe him looking at you expectantly".

"I will not do it this time nanna. All these years I have consoled and convinced him every time Raghav lost his temper on the little boy. But now I think the father should learn to own his mistakes" spoke Laxman in a very stern voice.

Raghav lost it all over again when he heard the word "mistake". He held Laxman's collar and began to shout all over again "Don't you dare call it a mistake. You know nothing! You are plain stupid Lucky". This time Laxman pushed him back with same intensity.

Govardhan and Drona caught Raghav and Laxman respectively from pouncing on each other.

"The hell! You don't deserve a son like my Mojo baby and a girl like Shriya" spat Laxman.

Raghav stood numb when he thought of Shriya. He looked at Govardhan and asked "Nanna! She told me our son was dead. She has been living with this ocean of pain all these years. It's only recently after she told me did I learn about our dead son. What's with all of this now"?

Govardhan spoke very calmly "Sunny! As far as I know during those days Shriya's aunt Sujata who was a trustee of Sharanya's NGO brought a very fragile Shriya to Sharanya's place. Sujata wanted Shriya to stay along with members of our orphanage and requested Sharanya to convince Shriya to terminate her pregnancy. She requested me to terminate the pregnancy as a personal favour as with other doctors it will be a legal issue. Shriya was very adamant and never accepted it. Shriya also told us that her sister's wedding was called off from the groom's side as they knew about this matter. Shriya's father couldn't take it and asked his sister to keep Shriya away from his family. Later, I failed to convince Shriya too but I was very concerned about her future. She went through a very difficult pregnancy and Arihan was born. Me and Sharanya lied to Shriya that after few hours of the birth that the baby died due to health issues. We did not have any other option as we were concerned about her future. We sent her back to her aunt and I took up adoption of Arihan stating someone has left their child in our orphanage".

Raghav questioned his dad "How could you lie to us nanna?"

Laxman intervened "Oh! Please look who is speaking. Just don't get me started. I remember during that time how you left everything in India, came to the U.S.A. and have you forgotten anna that you were under rigorous medication for ADHD. How can you blame dad for all of it".

Govardhan Reddy intervened and spoke "Sunny! I know I have committed a grave mistake. I only did what I felt right at that time. I never thought of it's consequences on the child and both of you".

Laxman turned to his father and spoke "Why am I not surprised. You never thought of my feelings all this while nanna. You are only concerned about Raghav and Shriya. I never expected you to think about me now as well. You know what Mr.Govardhan Reddy nobody in this family knows what is it to be a dad" he said looking into Drona, Govardhan Reddy and Raghav's eyes.

"I have emotionally invested in Arihan ever since I looked at his sparkling baby eyes for the first time. I am sorry but you guys will never understand that feeling of being there for your child no matter what. I promised myself the day I took him in my arms that I will teach him to grow up to become a person who chases happiness. I wanted to explore myself through my child's eyes and be his only hero. I wanted him to find solace in me all the time. But you will never understand that for it would have never crossed your mind to even bother to care about your child's feelings. Raghav anna! Just forget it! I can state it as a matter of fact that you can never understand Arihan. I wanted to give that baby everything but I never knew he is ill fated just like me to have a father who doesn't care".

********************
Garden,
Laxman's Residence,
London
********************

Sharanya came and sat beside Arihan who sat on the chair beneath a lamp post. Arihan did not have a drop of tear or an inch of remorse on his face. Infact he had a determined look. Sharanya questioned him "Baby! Let's go inside. You know your nannamma is in hospital. So Raghav and Lucky are very scared and are shouting. They really love you baby."

Arihan looked down after sparing a glance at Sharanya. He controlled his tears and said "Lucky is not my nanna! He doesn't love me anymole and pednanna nevel loved me. Nannamma also doesn't love me".

Meanwhile Aadhik and Serah enter through the main gate as they are done with the rehearsal at the Chapel. Arihan ran towards Serah and said "Aunty will you take me to my mummy?"

**********************
Hi guys!
I hope you are sound and safe during the Covid times. Stay healthy and stay safe.
I have apologized several times for being late at updating. But you guys have been wonderful for supporting and reading this story. Please forgive me once more. Do share you thoughts about this chapter.

Love
❤️❤️