12. Good bye

******
Shriya was about to leave but Raghav caught her hand.

"Am I not clear Mr.Reddy? Do I have to repeat myself?" Shriya spoke.

"Sweety" Raghav called in a remorseful tone after leaving her hands.

" It's Shriya for you" she said looking away from his eyes.

"Please listen to me" he pleaded.

"There's no point Mr.Reddy. I am actually sorry for whatever I spoke. I shouldn't have spoken" she said.

Raghav held her hands and said "Shriya! I cannot love you. You have choosen a wrong person to love".

"Seriously? You think I expect you to love me? I am not that hopeful in life Mr.Reddy especially in matters that concern you. I know for a fact that you will never love me" she said looking at him with eyes that have lost all the spark.

"Shriya! You were my friend and I was physically attracted to you. I still am. This is lust Shriya and yours is love. Please don't love a person like me" he spoke.

"Mr Reddy I just have one question. Are you in love with Avni?" Shriya asked.

" Yes! Shriya! I love her. She is the one for me" he said looking at her eyes.

Shriya smiled wide and said " So it's clear Mr.Reddy! I love you and you love Avni. She too loves you so it's fair that you both get married.

I have an advice for you Mr.Reddy. You can take it as a thought from a well wisher. Maybe you have a different upbringing, but as a woman I would like to say don't ever lust for another woman when you are in love with one.

It means demeaning your own love. Besides I would like to wish Avni and you a prosperous life ahead" Shriya said in a firm tone.

Raghav continued "Shriya! I don't want our relationship to break. We can be friends. I have always regarded you as my best friend. I don't want things to end on a bitter note".

Shriya who walked a few steps away under the night sky turned partially. The moonlight fell on her long tresses and sparked on the tears in her eyes.

Raghav inhaled a sharp breath looking at her.

" I cannot accept your friendship Raghav. So it's a good bye from my end. You will always be special to me and my good thoughts are with you" saying this in a calm tone she smiled and left.

Raghav was dumbstruck due to the word good bye.

He sat down near a dim lamp post. He watched her fade away as she took each step that increased the distance between them.

He felt helpless and everything they shared played before his eyes.

----------------
Bangalore
----------------

Shriya who promised Raghav that she would meet him the next day did not meet him.
He was feeling anxious. He searched for her in every corner of the high school.

Shriya was at her place busy with the preparation of a surprise birthday party for her brother.

Raghav was about to reach Shriya's house but at the street corner he collides with a car due to his high speed in the wrong direction.

A man from the car keeps shouting but he ignores him and keeps driving in the wrong direction and reaches Shriya's house.

Shriya who was at the door decorating ballons looks at Raghav and invites him inside.

" Where were you Feetu? I did not find you on the first hour. I wanted to invite you to my brother's birthday. I am glad you are here. I took permission from HOD for both of us" she said looking all excited.

" I was tensed Shriya. I thought you were still mad at me due to that incident" spoke Raghav.

Shriya who was slightly shy said " offo! Feetu! You think too much. I am not going to let you sit here and enjoy. You will have to help me with preparations".

Raghav smiled.

Revathi came to Raghav tapped on his shoulder and said " This useless girl keeps blabbering anything. You don't have to do anything nanna, all the work is done. Come into the kitchen and have anything you like".

Shriya said " Amma! This is Raghav".

Revathi held his cheek and said "You look so adorable nanna. Sweety told me that you saved her life the other day. May God bless you. Our family is forever indebted to you".

Saying so she held his hand took him to the kitchen and stuffed a Mysore Pak in his mouth.

Raghav felt very wierd as nobody ever fed him with their hands.

"Aunty! Thank you" he said smiling at her.
She tapped his shoulder and went away.

He was sitting in the hall when a man entered. Raghav stood up looking at him.

Vivekananda Shetty (Shriya's father):

Vivek held Raghav's collar and said " How dare you sit in my house after bumping into my car coming from wrong direction?"

Raghav was shocked.

Shriya quickly came and held her father's hand " Dad! Please leave him. He is new to this country. He doesn't know about traffic rules. I asked him to come quickly. Please forgive him" she lied to save Raghav.

Vivek became silent listening to his daughter.

He looked at Raghav seriously and said " A mistake done can never be changed even if it is done intentionally or unintentionally".

Revathi who came down due to noise signalled Raghav with her eyes that she will manage her husband's anger.

Revathi put a hand on Vivek's shoulder and said " He is just a young boy nanda! Why are you being harsh. He was the one who saved your sweetu's life".

Vivek hugged Raghav and with softened eyes said "You saved my life".

Shriya's sister tapped Shriya on her shoulder and said " Don't dare to think I haven't seen the stone breaking window pane yesterday! What's going on?" she teased Shriya.

"Akka! Not before him" Shriya said making her eyes big.

Prakash who just entered from behind stood between both of them and said slowly " Is that my second bava whom I am not introduced to yet?" he winked at Shriya.

Shriya punched him.

" Akka! I feel bad for him. Poor chap! How will he bear this demon?" he continued only to get a slap on his head.

Raghav looked at Prakash.

Prakash greeted him with a hug.

"Happy birthday Prakash" Raghav said.

"Oh! Thank you! Raghav right? Feel at home and do tell me if you have any sort of inconvenience" said Prakash with a lot of warmth.

Raghav somehow liked it very much.

"Welcome to our family Raghav. You look like a hero by the way" spoke Shriya's sister.

*******

Hey guys!
So, I know Raghav is mad!
What do you think he is going to do now?

Also, I wanted to say that the next few updates are continuously going to be about their past.

I am going to miss Arihan a lot till then.

What about you guys?