42.Vow

Rushed heart beat and uncontrollable guilt was all Raghav could feel as he closed the book harshly for he couldn't read beyond that. Her words peirced through his heart and shattered it. It hurt him worse thinking about all the pain she had to go through.

This never ending saga of pain wasn't something unfamiliar to him. He threw the book aside and seated himself on a nearby chair. He wondered how everybody else might have had it easy in their life. He needed someone to share his misery at this point. His mother just recovering from her trauma was not helping this entire situation. A thought crossed his mind and a smile crept on his face. A sense of determination shone on his face. "You are mine Sweety" he said to himself.

*******************
Next morning,
St. George's Chapel,
London
*******************
Shriya dressed in a silver puffed top and a purple skirt was examining the scented candles that were arranged across the church. Her mind was a little disturbed as she did not find Raghav since morning. She kept convincing herself that he is also busy owing to the wedding. Somewhere it bothered her that he left without informing her before she woke up.

Her chain of thoughts were broken by little Arihaan's shouting. "You will have to stand hele" he yelled on his fellow page boy and flower girls. He looked adorable making faces as they were not standing in a perfect line. His eyebrows almost touched each other as he pouted angrily. Shriya kept looking at her bundle of joy with a smile. Soon the guests started coming and Shriya was in-charge of receiving them.

She cordially smiled at everyone as she handed them lavenders. Soon a very fragile Niranjana Reddy along with her brother Drona Reddy arrived. Shriya squirmed yet remained mostly confident. She was uncomfortable to deal with them but after all they were her son's grand uncle and grand mother. She took a deep breath and greeted them. "I want to talk to you after the wedding Miss Shriya" said Niranjana to which Shriya only nodded.

Avni and Sharanya Reddy were also welcomed by Shriya. Shriya did not miss the sense of tension between her and Avni as Sharanya smiled beautifully. Everyone from the family including Govardhan Reddy, Laxman and the groom Adhik also arrived but the one person whom Shriya's eyes were searching was nowhere to be seen.

All of them assembled in the church waiting for the bride to enter. Shriya adjusted Arihaan's little bow tie while he spoke "Amma! You think I am looking handsome like suplman?" She felt that for a first timer wearing a tuxedo suit her son was nailing it with perfection. "You are looking better than superman Duggu" she said kissing his chubby cheeks. "Amma! You mean I look better than nanna?" he questioned in an excited tone. She nodded her head in a yes and another big smile erupted on Arihaan's face. She was too scared that her love for her son was too real and she was frightened to loose it.

Arihaan on the other hand hasn't left her hand mostly. The boy was overjoyed to an extent that he keeps tagging the word amma after every second word he speaks. He has introduced his perfect superwoman mother to all the girls and boys assembled in the church including the pastor and gatekeeper.

Laxman had happy tears in his eyes for the boy as he observed him. Arihaan ran towards him as soon as he saw him and thought he was the first one to welcome Laxman. Smiling with the similar enthusiasm he always has after Laxman returned after a surgery, Arihaan narrated everything he did bit by bit in Laxman's absence and kissed him like always before going back to his mother.

Shriya acknowledged Laxman's presence with a nod but bit back the one question she wanted to ask him. Laxman came near her sensing the lines of tension on her fore head and questioned "Are you good? Is something bother you Shriya?". Shriya hesitantly nodded a no. Soon Laxman saw around and understood that his brother is nowhere to be seen. Before he could react the church bells rang and the choir began singing welcoming the bride.

All eyes moved towards the entrance gates where Serah stood adorned in a white satin dress and a silk veil. The blush on her face resembled the petals of floral tiara she wore. Her nervousness was shown as she clutched the hand of the person beside her. To everyone's astonishment the one who was standing in her father's place was Raghav. He held Serah's hand as he reassured her that everything was going to be fine.

Raghav walked Serah down the aisle and gave away her hand majestically to Aadhik as they reached the altar. Before going back to standing with the crowd he spoke on a soft tone "Your father would have been really proud of you Serah. He is with you in spirit". His words brought a tear in Serah's eyes and she thanked him.

Raghav went back to standing in the crowd along side Laxman not before laying his eyes on Shriya. He thought she looked breathtakingly beautiful as she held a grumpy Arihan who was already bored and impatient due to the rituals. She calmly explained and shushed him by ruffling his hair. Raghav felt complete looking at his woman and bundle of joy right before his eyes.

Aadhik and Serah began exchanging their vows. Every word spoken caused a stir of emotions in the crowd. "I promise to cherish you as my wife till death do us apart" spoke Aadhik looking into Serah's eyes to which she responded with a "So do I".

Neeranjana glanced at Govardhan with accusing eyes while Sharanya kept looking at the ground to stop her tears from being visible to Drona who was staring at her. Shriya was extremely happy for her friend and couldn't stop herself from tearing up.

Raghav on other hand wondered if he could ever make such a promise and never break it. He wanted to become this perfect person who would cherish his wife in the thick and think of life unlike his father and uncle. Raghav felt immensely proud of Aadhik for taking such a huge step in life.

His thoughts were broken as he felt Avni gripping his shoulder and asking him to follow her for a private talk.

*******************
A/N:
Hi guys!
I know I haven't updated this since forever.
So I have decided to complete this story and not to keep you guys waiting for long.
Do share your thoughts on this chapter.
Love