Chapter Thirty-Five

"I just don't see why he wouldn't at least call you..." Casey questioned, swinging her feet over Griffin's legs. "In reality, yes, it was super awkward and probably the most embarrassing situation he's ever been in but to not speak to you afterwards...that's a little much."

She wasn't wrong. He should have texted me or picked up when I called. I would have messaged him right away if my dad hadn't taken my phone away but I didn't even get my phone back with a text from him. I think maybe, he was a lot more embarrassed than I thought.

"Regs." Looking over at Tayler, he shot his head in the direction of the door and I genuinely smiled for the first time that day.

"Noah," I said, getting up from the couch and heading into the foyer. "I've been calling you."

"Yeah, um...my phone died and I figured I would see you here eventually." I don't know if I was just overthinking things but it almost felt as if our relationship had taken a major step back. His whole demeanour felt different and he kept his hands in his pockets. I think maybe this whole situation had become something bigger.

"Are you alright? I know last night was...not ideal but my parents never stay around too long so we've just go to wait them out. I mean, I haven't even seen my dad yet, since last night," I said, letting out a soft laugh but receiving nothing back from Noah. "so they'll be gone before we know it."

"You should spend some time with them, Regs...enjoy them while they're here and I'll just hang back for a bit."

"Okay, no..." I rushed. "We're not like that and plus, Noah, I'd rather spend my time with you."

"It's cool, Regan. I'll catch you later." He said, pressing a soft kiss to my cheek before leaving the house.

"What just happened here?" I asked, turning to the spectators who had been listening quite intensely. The room fell silent as they look at me concerned; even they didn't see that coming.

---

A couple days had passed and my dad still hadn't really taken the time to sit down and talk with me; which honestly wasn't a surprise and totally not a big deal because if I can avoid that conversation, I'll do it. But Noah on the other hand, hadn't really spoken to me since Tayler's and at this point, I was starting to question if that conversation was actually a breakup.

"Regan! It's been a few days since we've seen you out with Noah, how's that going?"

"It's great." I lied, forcing a small on my face as soon as Fletcher appeared in front of us.

"Are you two getting serious? Fans are worried you broke up..." Walking alongside us, towards Saddle Ranch, Fletcher did he best to crack the smile and get all the details but I was determined to clear up any break up rumours...despite not really knowing the truth myself.

"We're still together but my parents are back so I've just been spending a lot of time with them. But anyway, we'll see you later, Fletcher." I said, taking Casey's hand in mine and leaving Fletcher behind.

"You don't think you two actually broke up...right?" Casey asked, sitting down at the table.

"So who wants a drink?" I said, avoiding the question. It's not that I thought we broke up; it's just that I don't know and I had already done enough lying for today, I wasn't about to lie to my best friend as well.

"Looks like Regan wants to party tonight." Blake said, laughing.

Taking the shot Tayler had bought me, I decided I was just going to enjoy the night and try to forget about everything going on. There was always something going on in my life and sometimes, I just needed to forget about it all.

"Well if Regs is getting fucked up," Bryce said, lifting his drink alongside a shot. "we're all getting fucked up!"

The night went on and drinks were had, which meant everyone was having a good time and I couldn't be happier. This was exactly what I needed and I'm so glad my friends were always down for a good time.

"Regan," Casey said, grabbing my shoulder from behind me and turning me around to face her. "Noah just walked in...with Dixie."