Chapter Thirty-Two

His fingers trailed down my arm and I swear, I could have lived in this moment forever. The water was starting to cool down a bit and our fingers looked more like raisins than actual body parts but I still didn't have the desire to move.

"You know something?" He asked. My back was pressed against his chest as I sat between his legs and although the bubbles had pretty much dissolved completely, neither one of us suggested moving. "Although it sucked it happened, I'm sort of glad we struggled to get where we are..." Scrunching my face, I kept quiet, not really understanding where he was going with this. Chuckling to himself, he continued, "I just mean, it made me appreciate the kind of person you are. You didn't just walk away when I did and if you had...I don't think I'd ever forgive myself for letting you, you know?"

"I'm glad I didn't walk away either." I said, turning around to face him. "You did scare me though."

"What?"

"Well, I didn't know if you'd ever talk to me again and you said friends but we both know that was a lie. I just...I didn't want to lose you and I think not even having you as a friend scared me the most. I never want that, okay? Even if we go south, we're still friends, okay?"

Placing his hands on my hips, he smiled as he said, "Promise."

Wrapping my arms around his neck, I pulled him closer, pressing my lips against his. Honestly, this was so much better than going to Tayler's party. The moment seemed to last forever and I was completely okay with that. Noah was someone I could spend all day...every day, with and never get bored. I wanted to be with him. I wanted to be around him. I wanted it to be me and him. But hearing the car pull into the driveway, I knew it wasn't going to be just us for long. Hopping out of the bathtub, I peaked through the blinds of the bathroom window to see who had decided to drop by but I froze when I saw who it was.

"Oh shit." I whispered to myself. "Get out." Turning towards Noah, I began trying to lift him from the bathtub so this process would go a little faster...as time wasn't exactly on my side.

"Regs, what-"

"Noah, just get dressed." I demanded, cutting him off. Beginning to blow out the candles I had lit, I heard the car lock and I knew we were seriously cutting it close.

"I really don't understand what-"

"I really don't have time to explain." I mimicked, again, cutting him off. Throwing on the shorts and the shirt I had on before, I pushed Noah out of the bathroom and down the stairs. Although I felt bad, mainly because he was soaking wet and still trying to get his shirt on, I knew I couldn't let this situation happen. Deciding against using the garage, I pushed Noah towards the front door and hoped to God I was right in this 50/50 game of chance.

"Regan, seriously? I'm soaking wet, I don't even have a shirt on and I'm so lost, it's unbelievable. What the hell is going on?"

"Noah, trust me...just get-" My voice went silent as I swung the front door open and the feeling of knowing I was completely, utterly and absolutely fucked sank in. I was standing next to a shirtless, soaking wet boy as two pairs of eyes registered the scene in front of them.

"Regan Meredith Cross!"

"Noah...meet my parents."

A/N: WOW! It's been a minute! I'm sorry, readers! I just had a bit of writer's block but I'm back now and I know exactly where the story's going. Regan's parents are back!? Will this affect her relationship with Noah? Let me know what you think will happen!