Chapter Thirty-Nine

The air hit my face as I opened the balcony door but I was unsure of what to do next. Everything seemed so different now and looking at him, I couldn't tell whether or not we'd ever be like we were. The pain I felt because of what he did was so real and so strong, I couldn't bring myself to say anything.

"It wasn't fair." He whispered, killing the silence between us. "What you said to her; it wasn't fair." Letting out a laugh, I stood there in disbelief. Did he really just say that to me? "It was me, not her."

"Did she stop you?" I asked, moving to the edge of the balcony and resting my arms on it.

"No-"

"Then it was fair." The silence returned and I was convinced he had just come to plead his case. I had high hopes for him. He presented himself as someone who was level-headed and could actually see right from wrong but he had done what I was afraid everyone else would do; he broke me. "It wasn't worth it, was it?"

"Reg-"

"We said we'd be friends, Noah and now I can't even stand to look at you. In the end, we weren't worth it."

"We can work-"

"My parents are leaving for Italy next week." I didn't want to hear him out. I didn't want to stand here and listen to excuses and reasons anymore; I just wanted to move on.

"Okay...Regan, just-"

"I'm going with them." I saw him eyes widened from the corner of my eye and I knew it would come as a shock to him. I prefer to stay home, I always have but now, things are getting out of control and I need a break from all of it. "Have a good night, Noah." Closing the door behind me and shutting the blinds, I cried. The tears I was fighting finally fell from my eyes once I knew he could no longer see me.

---

"Get up." Squinting my eyes, I felt the cool air touch my legs as the covers were ripped off my body. It was sunny, which mean I had officially cried myself to sleep for what felt like the 700th time in my life. "Were you going to tell me? Or wait until I found out from someone else? Oh wait, the latter just happened!"

I knew Casey would be pissed whether she found out from me or from someone else. Obviously, I wanted to be the one to tell her and I was going to but all this Noah drama was getting in the way of my entire life.

"Casey-"

"Noah called me last night. I thought he was just going to ask me to talk to you, maybe get you to calm down but instead Noah blew up my entire life by telling me you were leaving for Italy next week!? So then I talked to Tayler, much to my surprise; he didn't know either! You know what he said to me when I told him? He said you would never keep something like that from him so then I came here this morning and mentioned it to your parents...who didn't even second guess what I was saying."

"Casey, I was going to tell you," I said, getting out of the bed. "I just...didn't really know how."

"Well now you don't have to worry about it." She spat, leaving my room before I could say anything else.

"Why can't I just have a normal fucking day!?" I yelled, throwing myself back onto my bed, trying to prepare myself for the rest of the day.

A/N: Happy New Year my little babes!! I hope this year brings health and you all find a source of happiness! I wish you all the best! Also, I promised myself I would get better at updating so hopefully, I stick to that!