Chapter Eighteen

Sitting in my living room, I scrolled through my phone, wondering how I was going to get out of this one. I really didn't want to explain the video but I also didn't want people to have an even bigger reason to believe in Tegan. It was a lose-lose situation for me and I was still wondering what I did to warrant all of this.

"Is he still here?" Casey asked, walking into the living room, followed by Charli and Dixie. Shaking my head, I tossed my phone to the side taking the coffee from Casey's hand and taking a sip. "Good because we need to know what the hell that video is."

The video. The stupid security footage of me in the Hype House at an ungodly hour. The video of me leaving a room, turning back around, kissing a guy and leaving. The video that didn't include Tayler. The video that's probably going to ruin my "relationship" with Noah.

"Regs..." Charli pushed, trying to snap me back into reality. I just couldn't stop thinking about all the conversations I had with Chase and Thomas and I couldn't recall a single one that was so bad that it would cause them to do this.

"It's not Tayler in the video." I whispered, not sure where this conversation would go. I can't tell them...but I can't have them thinking it's Tayler. "But I can't tell you who it is so if people want to think it's Tayler...I'll let them think it's Tayler." The only thing visible in the video is the top of the hair belonging to the guy and because it's black and white, the details are hard to see so in reality, it could be anyone.

"So you'd rather people think your friendship with Tayler was ever something more than tell them who's actually in the video? That doesn't make any sense." Casey questioned. I knew they wouldn't understand but I'd rather just keep that information to myself.

"What about Noah? The boy believes every word that comes out of your mouth, Regs, so if you let him believe it's Tayler...he'll question everything."

Dixie's right. I'd been so adamant that nothing had ever happened between me and Tayler and to know that Noah will think I lied to him...multiple times...I knew I was ruining my chances of ever having anything with him.

"Um...I don't want to pile anything more on," Dixie began, looking down at her phone. "But um..." Tossing her phone towards me, Charli and Casey gathered around and I'm sure I wasn't the only one who heard my heart break.

@noahbeck: Regan and I are just friends, guys! We tested the waters (no pun intended) but it turns out we're meant to be just friends!

"Dumped without so much as a phone call." I said, letting out a pathetic chuckle.

Grabbing my phone once again, I quoted Noah's tweet, adding a simple "Friends." caption before closing Twitter. It was one place I really didn't need to be. The room fell silent as the girls looked over at each other, not really knowing what to do or say and I don't blame them. I'm not helping the situation by staying silent, I just got broken up with over Twitter by my non-actual-boyfriend and no one has an explanation as to why this is all happening. I'm fucked.

"Pizza?" Charli asked, looking around the room.

The Momentजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें