Chapter Twenty-Three

I could feel Noah's eyes on me as I sat next to Ryland and all I wanted to do was reassure him that everything was fine. Sure, I had just told him everything about the situation and then immediately after I was talking to the other person involved but it really wasn't like that anymore.

"I just want you to know that I told Noah." I said, updating Ryland. Sure, I didn't have to tell him but it wasn't just my business. Ryland was just as much a part of this as I was. "And he's the only one that deserves to know so I'm not going to tell anyone else."

"Like I said before, whatever you want." He explained, playing with the bottle in his hand. "So now we just go back to ignoring each other?"

"I wasn't ignoring you." I lied. I was. How do you just go back to being friends with someone?

"Cross, you've avoided me like the plague." Looking down, I didn't really know what to say. After we ended things, I didn't really have much to say to him. Yeah, I missed him but I'd never be able to find someone new if I was still hanging around him. "I've never told a girl I love her, only for her to run the other way."

"Okay, there's no need to have this conversation." I said, getting up from the couch and walking away.

"Everything alright?" Noah asked as I approached him. Placing his hands on my waist, he pulled me closer. Nodding my head, I rested my chin on his shoulder as I tried to avoid making eye contact with Ryland. Whatever we were is over so there was no need to be digging up the past. "So, how about that date?" Cracking a smile, I removed my head from his shoulder, looking into his eyes. "I'll pick you up at 7." Placing a kiss on my forehead, his hands fell from my waist as he began to leave my house. The party died down and soon it was just me and the girls once again.

"What's up?" I asked Casey as she leaned on the counter, scrolling through her phone.

"I'm just reading everyone's thoughts on the podcast episode..."

"And...?" I urged. Listeners lived for Casey's podcast and I just knew they'd eat this episode up as well. Sliding the phone across the counter, I began reading everyone's thoughts.

@BecksBish: Who knew days after saying the nicest things about Noah, Regan would trample all over him #ChattingwithCasey

@Swayfan22: As if Regan sat there, claiming to respect Noah, all while she lied to everyone about her relationship with Tayler #ChattingwithCasey

@HoldingontoHolder: Are we really going to pretend Regan isn't lying about being with Tayler? #ChattingwithCasey

Okay so I guess I made the wrong decision when I told Casey to post the episode. I knew people were still upset with me over everything that happened but I didn't think they'd drag it out this long. Everyone was still so invested in the drama and I'm not sure if they'll ever get over it.

"Look, it doesn't matter." Dixie explained, reading the comments from over my shoulder. "We all know it's not Tayler and that it'll never be Tayler, Noah...clearly knows that as well so let these people say what they want. They'll always assume something more, whether or not you deny it." Dixie's right, people make up their own conclusions and will do so even if I tell them otherwise so what's the point of even bringing more attention to it? "You've got your first date with Noah tomorrow and you two are finally going to get back on track."

"Yeah, I just need to think about that and forget everything else."

"Exactly!" Casey said, walking around to link her arms with mine. "Now, let's go pick out an outfit." Sure, it was 3 in the morning but I definitely needed to figure that out.

"Oh this is so exciting!" Dixie laughed, linking her arm with mine as well, as we walked upstairs.