Chapter Forty-Five

The days seemed to pass quicker than normal and I hated nothing more. I wanted to spend as much time with my friends as possible but the days barely allowed me to enjoy the moments. Two questions still remained on my mind; 1) should I really be going with my parents? and 2) should I call him?

I hadn't spoken to him since the night I told him I was leaving and a part of me appreciated that but at the same time, another part of me hated it. I hate to admit it but when I told him, I was hoping he'd beg me to stay or at least talk to me out going but all he did was...well, nothing. I think that's what hurt the most; he couldn't even say anything, not even as a friend. Granted, we're not really friends anymore.

"Regs..." Griffin said, throwing a pillow in my direction, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Sorry." Looking back at the camera, I ushered Bryce to continue. He was filming a random vlog bit of asking his friends random questions...content at its finest.

"Cake or cupcakes?"

"Cake."

"Balloons or streamers?"

"Balloons."

"Day or night?"

"Night."

"Great! Thanks." Bryce said, beginning to put his camera away.

"Are you not asking Griff?"

"Oh, he asked me already." Griffin explained, waving it off. Nodding my head, I sat down next to Griffin on the couch, swinging my legs over his. Slightly turning his upper body towards me, he asked "Are you going to try to talk to him before you leave?"

"Hang on a minute," Bryce said, inserting himself into the conversation. "We need to clarify who the "he" is in this situation because at this point, it could be Noah or Ryland." Rolling my eyes, I knew I was about to get the third degree.

"Yeah, what the hell is that about?" Griffin asked. "I mean, how in the hell did Ryland Storms....get you?"

"Yeah, you do realize Griffin Johnson exists, right?" Sighing as I shook my head, I watched as Griffin fist bumped Bryce. Slapping Griffin's left arm, I couldn't help but laugh as he shrugged his shoulders.

"What? Gotta give credit where credit's due." He said, laughing. "No but seriously, Ryland's the one in the video, isn't he?"

"It happened once and then it just kept happening and pretty soon, it was hard to not be with him, you know?" Watching them nod their heads, I knew they were mentally trying to think back to a situation where Ryland and I potentially made it obvious but I knew they'd never find one. We were careful...almost too careful at times.

"Damn, who knew Ryland was that good." Griffin said, laughing along with Bryce.

Trying to avoid the embarrassment that I was currently feeling, I changed the subject, "What would I even say to Noah? I mean, he jumped ship so quickly, I don't think he even cares whether or not we end on a positive note."

"Did he ever tell you why he did it?" Bryce asked.

Looking over at Bryce, I scrunched my face, thinking about how to answer that but in reality, I couldn't because I didn't have an answer. He hadn't. He had never given me an explanation as to why he did it. The only information I got from him was that he was the one who instigated it with Dixie but that still didn't tell me why.

I guess Ryland was right...there is something I'm holding onto.

A/N: Why do you guys think Noah did it? Did something happen? Was he scared? Did he just not care about Regan like he said he did? Let me know!