Chapter Seven

"As if Bryce is going to be 21...I feel like we've celebrated this birthday about a hundred times already." I said, laughing as Tayler drove.

"I can only imagine how messed up he's going to be."

I honestly couldn't believe it. I was only 17 when I met Bryce for the first time and I feel like he's only gotten crazier. A solid two years of knowing Bryce and he has yet to show me a calm side to him. He's always ready to party and that's kind of why I love him; he never fails to create a good vibe wherever he goes.

"What are you getting him?"

"Strippers." Tayler said, not even batting an eye.

"Casual." The car fell silent as I spoke but suddenly filled with laughter as Tayler and I broke characters.

"No but seriously, I'm getting him strippers."

"Oh, I believed you." Smiling as I reassured Tayler, I pulled out my phone and saw that I had a message from Casey.

"Podcast won't be coming out this week. The audio fucked up so I've got to find a way to fix it before releasing it." Typing a quick reply, I shoved my phone back into my purse and turned my attention back to Tayler as he began speaking.

"So...you and Noah..."

"Don't start." I said, trying to end the conversation before it dragged on.

"You might want to take your own advice." He was right. I was starting to think of Noah in a different way, although I'd never admit that to anyone, it was true. But having that turn into something more, could and most definitely would change things between me and Noah and the friendship group as a whole. And let's be real, at the end of the day, it's probably not worth it.

"Moving on," I said, avoiding the conversation like it was the plague. "I'm so excited to see his cake, I bet it's going to be amazing." Pulling up to the cake shop, we immediately saw Fletcher from The Hollywood Fix. "How does he always know where we are?"

"Man's good at his job." Tayler said, turning the car off before getting out. "How's it goin' Fletcher?"

"Not too bad, man. You two out gathering supplies for Bryce's birthday? I hear it's going to be wild."

"You could say that." Tayler said, with a stupid grin on his face. Rolling my eyes at the secret plans Tayler had, I couldn't help but worry about how out of control this party was going to get.

"So the fans want to know, are you two finally dating?"

"Noooo," I said, dragging it out. "I think we might have to get that tattooed on our foreheads or something."

It was definitely irritating always getting asked the same question so I didn't want to spend too much time talking to Fletcher. Taking Tayler's wrist in my hand, I dragged him into the cake shop, doing what needed to be done and we headed back out to the car. Saying our goodbyes to Fletcher, who had patiently waited for us to leave the shop, I reached for the door handle of the car but not before Fletcher could ask one final question.

"Regan, what do you think of the rumours Chase is spreading around?" Closing the car door, I looked over at Tayler with a confused look on my face.

"What?"

"I don't know..." He replied, also confused. Choosing to ignore the question, as Chase was always known to be talking shit half the time, Tayler and I went on our way and continue our adventure of gathering supplies.

---

"This is crazy! I'm finally going to be 21 in 30minutes!" Bryce yelled through my house. Music was blasting through the house, camera flashes were going off every two seconds and drinks were most definitely flowing. "I just want to say a quick thank you to all of you for showing up and making it look like I have friends! Um, but mostly thank you to Regan and Tayler, you guys really pulled this one out of the bag...I mean, Regs thanks for lending us your mansion for the night...well let's be real, every night but yeah, thank you and...let's fucking party!"

The house filled with cheers as Bryce began shotgunning a White Claw and soon everyone else followed suit. Time passed, but everyone kept their eyes on the clock to make sure we didn't miss one minute of Bryce's actual birthday.

"3, 2, 1!" Voices traveled through the house as the clock hit midnight and it was officially Bryce's 21st birthday!

"LET'S FUCKING GO!!" Bryce screamed, being attacking by all his closest friends.