Chapter Forty-Nine

With our chests pressed against each other, Noah ran his fingers through my hair and all I wanted to do was go for round two but this moment was just too pure to ruin.

"What are you thinking about?" He whispered, his breath hitting my face as he spoke.

"How I could live here in this cabin with you." I explained, burying my head into his chest. His body was warm as I got as close to it as possible. "What's going to happen when I'm gone, Noah?"

"I told you, I'm going to miss you everyday." He explained.

"I mean besides that." Pushing myself away from him, I sat up in the bed, holding the covers close to my chest. "I'm going to be away while you're here...with Dixie."

"Hey," He said, sitting up next to me, forcing me to look at him. "I made a mistake with Dixie; I was stupid but I'm telling you right now, Regan, it never went to the level that you and I have. I know I haven't exactly given you much reason to, but I need you to trust me." The room fell silent as I thought about it, Noah was asking me to trust him....after everything he put me through, after everything I had to deal with...can I really trust him while in separate countries? "I love you, Regan."

I froze. The last time I heard those words, they were coming from a completely different boy and everything in me was telling me to react the exact same way. Run.

"You don't have to say it back, I know I probably don't deserve to hear those words from you but I mean it." I still didn't know what to say or do. Sure, I felt so strongly for Noah and I felt like saying those words would be the right thing to do but it would also make leaving a hell of a lot worse. "Now, go shower; I'll get started on lunch."

"If I must..." I said, beginning to make my way towards the bathroom door, but stopping to lean my back against the door. "But it'll just be oh so lonely in there..." I teased, stretching my leg out from the blanket I was using to cover myself. "How will I ever survive on my own..." Laughing as I saw Noah throw the blanket off him, he ran towards me, taking my waist in his hands, beginning to kiss me as he pushed me into the bathroom and towards the shower.

---

Tying the elastic around the end of my braid, I walked down the hall, towards the kitchen, and felt my phone buzz in my pocket.

"Tomorrow night, since you're leaving us Sunday morning, we're having a movie night, you know, like the old days? So get your snacks and your comfy clothes ready." Typing a quick response to Tayler, I shoved my phone away, entering the kitchen.

"So how are we going to spend the day?" I asked, pushing myself onto the counter.

"You tell me..." Noah said, sliding himself in between my legs and placing his hands on my waist. "We can do whatever you want...wherever you want..." His lips traveled down my neck as he spoke and God...there was nothing I wanted more than to rip his clothes off...again.

"Did we really just come here to have sex all day?" I asked, letting out a laugh.

"Would that really be such a bad thing?" He asked, looking up at me.

"No..." Pressing my lips against his, I thought about it. If this was how I was going to spend my last days in LA with Noah...I'm happy with it. "But," I said, breaking the kiss. "there's gotta be something we can do here..." Pushing Noah away from me, I jumped off the counter and began searching the cabin. Opening drawer after drawer, I couldn't believe the boys hadn't brought any boardgames here. "Jackpot." I whispered to myself before making my way back towards the kitchen. "Strip Go-Fish?" I asked, holding up the deck of cards. "I would suggest Poker...but I don't know how to play." I laughed.

"I'll get the drinks." Noah said.