Chapter Forty-One

"So how we are going to spend the next week with you, Regs? What do you want to do?" Bryce asked.

"I need a way to make this up to Casey. I cannot have my best friend being pissed at me."

"Why don't we do a pool day?" Griffin suggested, looking at the group. "We'll get the music going, have a couple drinks, invite everyone and just enjoy the day."

"Well we're certainly not inviting everyone." I said, shaking my head. If this is going to be my last week with the group, I sure as hell don't want those two around. "But I'm down. I'll have to go home and grab a swimsuit but-"

"I'll come with you, I'll have to pick up some booze anyway." Griffin said, beginning to get up from the chair. "Plus, this might be my only chance to make a move." Winking as his arm wrapped over my shoulders, I couldn't help but laugh. We both know nothing would ever happen with us, the only reason being that he dated one of my best friends and despite what she's done to me, I could never return the favour.

"Alright, lay it on me." Griffin said, as we closed the doors to his car.

"Excuse me?"

Letting out a chuckle, he continued, "You can't seriously leave over Noah; there's gotta be more to it than that. He's a nice guy but he's not worth leaving the country because of."

"It's all just getting too much, Griff. I mean, let's be real, this time tomorrow, there's going to be an article about you and me doing what we're doing except people are going to think we're dating. It might help you in the long run because you're a boy but it really doesn't do me any good."

"But come on Regan, leaving the country!?"

"Why do you guys keep saying it like that? It's not like I'm leaving for good; I'm coming back."

"Because Regs," Griffin said, as he began to open the door as we arrived at the store. "that's what it feels like when you go away; to us it feels like a lifetime."

Sitting in the car as I waited for Griffin to come back, I wondered if that was true. I wondered if me going away for a couple of months really had that much of an affect on the others. Maybe going away is causing more harm than good at this point.

---

"Finally!" Bryce shouted as Griffin and I returned to Tayler's.

The house was filled with all of my best friends and I just knew this day was going to be a good one. However, there was one final thing I still needed to do.

"Casey..."

"Regan..."

Our arms wrapped around each other and I knew an explanation wasn't needed but it just felt so unfinished without one.

"I shouldn't have reacted like that." Casey began.

"You had every right; I should have told you the minute I found out. I promise you that I'm not going to be like my parents; I'm going to come back."

"I know."

"Now that we're back on track here," Tayler said, wrapping both arms around me and Casey. "let's have a good fucking day."