Chapter Thirty-One

"You're really not coming?" Casey's message said, popping up on the corner of my mac as I tried to edit. Trying to ignore it, I brought my attention back to my editing so I could hopefully have this video out by tomorrow.

I'm a ray of sunshine, I fuckin-

"What?" I snapped, answering Casey's phone call.

"Whoa..."

"Sorry," I whispered, realizing the tone I had. "I'm just...not really in the mood."

"Oh I could tell." She laughed. "Which is exactly why I think you should come. I mean, you've never missed one of Tayler's parties, you know it's going to be wild and Thomas will be there, which gives you a chance to figuratively beat his ass."

"Casey, I'm not going." I understand that it's Tayler and it's technically his house-warming party but to be shoved back into a space with Thomas, while seemingly being the only person who actually has an issue with what he's done, it's only going to annoy me more.

"Okay, let me know if you change your mind." Before I had the chance to respond, the call ended. Turning back towards my laptop, I began editing once again.

---

Turning the tap off, I placed the bath bomb inside the tub as I watched it begin to dissolve. As much as partying was fun and pretty much all we did, having a quiet night in alone was something I did realize I needed until now. Reaching for the bottom of my shirt, I heard the doorbell ring and I couldn't help but want to ignore it, well...that is until they began ringing it again.

"Noah..." I said, opening to door. "I thought you were going to the party." Stepping aside to let him in, he placed a soft kiss to my cheek before fully entering the house.

"I went and I left." He explained, shrugging his shoulders. "You know that's not really my scene...plus, you weren't there. So I figured I'd come see what you were up to."

"Well I was just about to put a face mask on and have a bubble bath..." I said, laughing. It probably wasn't the most ideal situation for him.

"A bubble bath with my girl? Sounds perfect." He said, pulling me towards him by my waist and kissing me.

---

"You're not posting that." Noah said, trailing his fingers down my shoulder and onto my arm.

"Oh I definitely am." I laughed, tossing my phone to the side. With my back pressed against his chest, I swear, shit like this only happens in movies. Turning around, I faced him as I said, "What do you think's happening at the party?"

"You want to go, don't you?" He said, chuckling.

"No, I just...I've never missed one of Tayler's parties before." I explained, repeating Casey's point. "And I kind of ran out on him when he said he was going to talk to Thomas so-"

"Hey," Noah said, cutting me off. Feeling his hands take mine, he pulled me closer to him. "Let's just ignore all of that for tonight, okay?" His hand brushed my cheek as he leaned in. "It's just you and me." He whispered against my lips before closing the gap completely.