Heather.

Derek was staring at Stiles intently, Stiles was talking with Lydia, Derek didn't know why but he had become intent on listening to the song 'Heather by Conan Gray' It made him think of Stiles and how there was no chance they'd ever be together because Stiles had been in love with Lydia since god knows when, but deep down he wanted that to be false and for Stiles to want him, Derek had never been the type to obsess over a song's meaning but he knew this was different, because he really did metaphorically wanted to be Heather, he wanted to be the one Stiles would want to be with, sure Stiles had never really gave any signs of ever liking him and Derek hadn't either but deep down he hated seeing Stiles pay so much attention to the girl, Stiles was a sight for sore eyes to him and to see Stiles swoon over her, made Derek question, The way Stiles wound chuckle during many of their conversations made Derek want to go interrupt them, Derek listened into their conversation just to hear, "You cold?" Stiles asked Lydia and she nodded, Stiles gave his signature smile that Derek adored and handed Lydia his sweater and it made Derek hope that'd Stiles would be giving his sweater to him, but as the song suggested it was only polyester and Derek shouldn't consider that a big deal, Derek sighed and turned his eyes away from Stiles as he made his way to his room which was upstairs, and only partly did Derek want Stiles to follow.

Derek shook his head as he got his remote to the TV to turn it on and play the song that made him question everything, the song played and Derek closed his eyes, 'I still remember the 3rd of December, me and your sweater." Derek shook his head vaguely, he did in fact remember that day, Stiles came over with Scott to train, it was the first time Stiles had participated, 'you said it looked better on me then it did you, only if you knew how much I liked you, but I watch your eyes as she walks by, what a sight for sore eyes, brighter than the blue sky, she's got you mesmerized, while I die.' Stiles looked at Lydia like she was his world, and it was true that Stiles never knew how much Derek had really liked him, god he probably thought that Derek hated him, Derek continued to listen to the dreaded song and really did wander what Stiles kiss would feel like, just then he heard foot steps approach his room, Derek paused the song and pretended to be on his computer that was next to him.

"Hey Derek, sorry to interrupt but I noticed that you have all the ingredients in your kitchen to make my signature dish and I was wondering if I could make it, for the pack? You included of course, and don't worry, I'll pay you back!" Stiles said as he leaned against the frame of Derek's door, "Go ahead, you don't have to pay me back, it's just food." Derek answered briefly looking up to Stiles who had a grin on his face as usual to any other time they had talked, "Okay thanks, I'll bring you up a plate when it's finished." Stiles smiled again as he waved off to Derek and headed back downstairs, Derek smiled lowly to himself as soon as he was alone, he had always hated showing his emotions, especially to the pack, somehow including Stiles.

Derek unpaused his music and gently hummed to the music, why had he ever let Stiles into his heart? It's not like he needed to be distracted every second of his life, this was the first time Derek had let someone in his life since Kate, not including Jennifer and Braeden because those truthfully were just to get his mind off of someone, he didn't need to be accused of raping a minor, even if he had been tempted so many times, mostly all the times Derek had pinned Stiles against the wall, he shook off the thoughts so that he wouldn't get too turned on and began to think of other things even if that felt near to impossible.

About 20 minutes passed and again he heard foot steps approach his door, "Hey again, it's made, it's my family famous macaroni hamburger onions and tomatoes, enjoy!" Stiles smiled as he walked to Derek and handed him the bowl he had in his hands, "Thank you." Derek told him, Stiles nodded and waved as he went back downstairs, Derek set the bowl down on the table in front of him and took a bite, everything Stiles has ever cooked had been amazing, and this proved it, Derek gulped down al the contents of the bowl in less than ten minutes, Derek took the bowl from where he put it and headed downstairs.

"You don't have to do my dishes." Derek sighed as he looked over to Stiles who was actively scrubbing the dishes in his sink, Stiles looked over to Derek and smiled, "Don't be ridiculous, I cooked , every good cook does dishes and cleans after cooking." Stiles said gesturing to the pots across the way, Derek sighed, "You didn't have to, I'm okay with doing them." Derek answered still holding the dish he had brought down, Stiles took his hands out of the bubbly water and dried them and walked toward Derek, "Do I have to lock you out? I got this, alright? You let me cook, I'm just repaying the favour, now give me that dish and go back to doing whatever you were doing." Stiles said as he grabbed the bowl from Derek's grasp, Derek shook his head and grabbed a spare cloth from the drawer next to him and made his way to the sink, soaking it, Stiles shook his head as Derek wiped the stove down and the counter next to it, "You are impossible, I was going to do this after the dishes." Stiles sighed as he continued to wash Derek's dishes, "You seem to be forgetting that this is my kitchen so hush." Derek answered, Stiles lightly chuckled and pulled out his phone after he again wiped off his hands and played music, and evidently the song Derek had dreaded started playing, "This song is great, but if someone really liked someone and hated seeing them looking at someone else than they should say something, nothing will change if nothing is said." Stiles hummed, Derek looked over to Stiles briefly then went back to cleaning, "and if that person isn't interested? Maybe if that person is paying attention to that someone than maybe they actually like heather and not the person who liked that person?" Derek asked looked at the ground, "taking that chance is better than wondering what could of been." Stiles said, Derek nodded slowly as he finished cleaning , "Well I better get back upstairs, when your done just let yourself out or something." Derek told Stiles as he walked towards the exit, "Hey uh Derek?" Stiles asked and Derek turned over and saw that Stiles was nervous, "Yeah?" Derek answered, "When you and Braeden briefly went out I hated seeing you look at her, she was the heather I hated, I just thought I should take my own dumb advice." Stiles said looking at the ground, Derek just stared at Stiles in disbelief, "What?" Derek asked, "Actually forget what I said, you just continue to what you were doing." Stiles said as he started to dart out of the room but Derek grabbed his arm, "Wait." Derek said as Stiles looked up to him, "I heard what you said, I was just surprised, because this morning you seemed close to Lydia, you even gave her your sweater, you seemed close to her, so it's surprising when I'm almost sure you like her." Derek said, "I spend most of my time here and cook you dinner but you think I like Lydia?" Stiles lightly chuckled, Derek shrugged, "Derek, I don't like Lydia, I'll admit I did, but she's just my best friend, I'm gay and I like you, I thought I made that clear." Stiles said smiling up to Derek, "I only was with Braeden because I liked you and didn't want to loose control and possibly loose you." Derek answered, "You can't get rid of me that easily, and also I would've been fine if you lost control." Stiles winked, Derek chuckled, "Woah did you just chuckle?" Stiles act surprised, "Yes Stiles, I did, but your the only one who is allowed to know." Derek smiled, Stiles giggled, Derek walked closer to Stiles and kissed him.

Maybe Derek liked the song more than he let on.