Young.

rory_JADE_WdW

"Hey! What's your name?" Stiles smiled as he swung on the swing set, The boy next to him looked lonely and Stiles just had to say hi, "Derek, What's yours?" The boy asked, "Mischief to mommy and daddy, but you can call me Stiles." Stiles said sweetly, "Okay." Derek smiled as they both swung, Stiles was happy he was able to make a friend on his first day on a big boy swing, "How old are you?" Stiles wondered, "5." Derek smiled, "I am too!" Stiles said excitedly, the boy was his age, "Want to be friends?" Stiles asked, "Yes, But you ask a lot of questions." Derek told him, and Stiles frowned, "I'm sorry, I have ADHD, Mommy says it's good to ask questions if I have them." Stiles looked down, "Oh, That's okay." Derek said happily, probably to make Stiles feel better but he didn't mind, "Okay! Want to go down the slide?" Stiles smiled, "Okay!" Derek said as he jumped off the swing landing on his bottom, Stiles laughed as loud as he could and did the same, they both sat there laughing for a bit before they headed to the slide.

"Where do you go to school?" Stiles asked as he sat in the sandbox, "Beacon Hills Public school." Derek answered, "I do too!" Stiles asked, "Yes!" Derek said as he builds a sandcastle, "Great! You are my first friend at my school!" Stiles smiled as he too made a sandcastle, "You are mine too!" Derek exclaimed, their sandcastles weren't that great but they had fun knocking each other's down, "Mommy!" Stiles exclaimed excitedly, his mommy had appeared on a bench, she must be back from getting groceries, Stiles was a big boy and can handle a few moments alone, "Daddy's here too." His dad smiled as both his parents walked over, "I made a new friend!" Stiles exclaimed and both his parents walked over, Stiles smiled over to Derek but he was backing up, "Hey? What's wrong?" Stiles asked, Derek shied down, "What if they don't like me?" Derek asked in a scared voice, "They will! I promise!" Stiles told him confidently, "I don't know." Derek kept his gaze to the ground.

Stiles got out of the sandbox and ran over to his parents and grabbed both their hands, "So my new friend thinks you won't like him, prove him wrong, Kay?" Stiles asked, "Yes Hunny, I'm sure he is very lovely." His mommy smiled and his daddy nodded in agreement, "This is Derek, He's shy." Stiles introduced and Derek kept his eyes to the sand and was twiddling his thumbs, "Hi Derek, I am Claudia, Sitles' mother, and this is his dad Noah, Stiles told us you were shy, but you have no reason to be, we like all of Stiles' friend, so how about you ask your mommy to come over to our house for dinner? How does that sound?" Stiles' mommy smiled big and soon enough Derek was smiling as well, "Really?" He asked excitedly, "Yes! Is your mommy here?" She asked and Derek nodded as he pointed to the bench behind them, A lady with brown hair smiled and waved, "Okay! I'll go talk to her with Stiles' daddy, you two sit tight and try to stay out of trouble, Kay?" She smiled, "Yes, Mommy!" Stiles jumped up and Derek chuckled, "Thank you!" He thanked her, Stiles' dad gave Derek a smile.

"See, I told you they would like you!" Stiles continued to jump up, "Your dad said nothing." Derek pointed out, "He likes to let mommy do all the talking, but he smiled which means he agreed with everything she said, and now you are coming over for dinner!" Stiles jumped up again, "Mischief! Did you take your pills today?" His mommy said sternly behind him, "No mommy, I forgot." Stiles looked down and stopped jumping, "It's okay Hunny." She placed her hands on his shoulders, "Stiles has ADHD and has to take pills to stay calm, do you have that problem?" She asked and Derek shook his head, "No Ma'am." Derek answered, "Oh, So polite! So I talked to your mom and she said it's okay, You just have to go hug her first." Stiles' mommy smiled, "Okay sounds great!" Derek smiled as he got up and ran towards his mom, "Yay!" Stiles exclaimed.

"Okay boys, Let's go." Stiles' dad told them, "Okay Daddy!" Stiles exclaimed as he and Derek ran to Stiles' parent's car, His mommy was still talking with Derek's mommy while his dad got in the car, "So, Derek, What do you like to do?" Stiles' dad asked, "Read." Derek smiled, "At your age? Damn, that is impressive, Stiles here won't pick up a book for the life of him." Stiles' dad laughed and Stiles crossed his arms, "Reading is boring!" He said and Derek chuckled, "No it isn't!" Derek argued and Stiles' dad laughed again as his mommy got in the car, "Okay boys, let's go! Derek? You're spending the weekend, you can borrow Stiles' clothes." His mommy smiled, "Yay!" Stiles exclaimed and Derek thanked her.

~This might not exactly be what you wanted but Thank you for suggesting it because it gave me a story idea.