Dancing without music, or is he?

-Basically about Stiles loving Derek but convinced he didn't feel the same, as insinuated from the song but he was wrong.-

Stiles was content in his room when he got the call that Derek had returned, he didn't know how he felt, and he sure didn't know what he was going to say.

Derek had left with Braeden a while back in attempts to track the dessert wolf, and while he was leaving, all of Stiles' friends were looking at him, and Stiles knew why, He had been silently in love with him, Derek had no idea and Stiles was planning on keeping it that way, but he was afraid that Derek noticed his friends paying more attention to Stiles then him, Derek was with Braeden, Stiles accepted that Derek had found happiness, He did not need to hear the words come out of Derek's mouth, The rejection would be too much, Stiles had a habit of falling for people who were never going to like him back, Stiles knew it was the fact that he didn't know if he could be in a real relationship, sure he had some experience with Malia but that was not the same, Derek was someone who Stiles could compete with, he didn't even want to fall for the man but Stiles blamed it on the man's well, everything, there wasn't really anything that Stiles could point out, and to add all the unsaid things that Stiles had found attractive, Derek was hot, Stiles hated to see him as more than a friend, only because he knew if Derek had pieced it together, than that would be the end to any friendship they had built, it made Stiles stomach turn at the thought.

Stiles sighed getting into his jeep, Scott had instructed Stiles to get to Derek's loft, they wanted to catch up, nothing was really happening in beacon, it was peaceful but also boring at the same time, Stiles had wondered what this meeting would be about, Stiles wondered how the whole tracking thing went for Derek, did he accomplish it? Was he staying? or Was he back only temporary? Stiles had no clue, He wondered about a lot of things, and frankly, he knew they were questions he almost didn't want the answer to.

Once Stiles had got to the entrance of Derek's door, he paused, this was it, he was going to face the guy he was in love with, what would he do if Derek mentioned the whole thing to do with his friends looking at him? he was going to find out, Stiles took a breath in as he lowly knocked, normally he would knock louder, but werewolf sense had been involved in the equation, which usually wasn't a good thing.

"Hey man." Scott opened the door, Stiles nodded to him as he walked in looking around, the loft looked the same as the last time he had seen it, nothing had really changed, and he didn't expect it to, he made his way to the meeting area and stopped at the entrance, Derek was looking at him, Derek basically looked the same, with the same amount of scruff and leather jacket, he was still the sexiest man Stiles had ever seen, once Stiles realized that he was lost in thought, he blinked and leaned against the wall, "Hey Sourwolf." Stiles greeted, "Still with the nickname?" Derek raised his eyebrow in the way Stiles had missed, "Well of course! I wasn't just going to dispose of it just cause we didn't see each other for a while, welcome back by the way." Stiles chuckled, "It's good to be back." Derek nodded, "How long are you staying?" Stiles asked, "Not sure." Derek answered, Scott cleared his throat as he announced they needed to begin.

the meeting was basically them finding out how Derek's trip had gone, Derek told them that it had gone well and that he succeeded in taking down the dessert wolf, the meeting was short and Stiles was not sure if that was a good thing, he wanted to spend more time with Derek, once Scott announced that the meeting was over, Stiles got up and followed Scott out the door, but before he could, Derek grabbed his arm, "Yeah?" Stiles asked as he turned, "Can I talk to you for a bit?" Derek asked as he let go of Stiles' arm, "Sure." Stiles nodded to him as he leaned against the wall, Derek had no expression and Stiles couldn't read him, Derek was never readable, Stiles was confused and nervous but just looked to Derek waiting for him to start.