Remembering who you love.

-So this is what happens when I scroll through Pinterest, again all creds go to person in the pic above.-

Derek looked strangely at Lydia, she kept talking about a Stiles but Derek didn't know of any Stiles, If he didn't know the guy then why did something not sit right in his stomach? And why had Lydia been so sure Derek had to remember him?

"I told you I don't know of any Stiles, so why do you keep saying that I should?" Derek eyed Lydia who looked at him sympathetically, "Because you loved him, Okay? You loved Stiles, I know you did, no one looks at someone the way you looked at him without there being some kind of feelings involved." Lydia told him, Derek shook his head, "I think I would remember having feelings for someone." Derek rolled his eyes, "Don't you realize what the new threat that is attacking this town? Ghost riders? Riders of the night who take people and make everyone around you forget they ever knew you, Stiles was taken in front of me! Don't you see? You completely forgot about him." Lydia seemed annoyed.

He knew of the ghost riders, he didn't know it would be someone he may have known, he felt like he had to remember him, "How do I remember him?" Derek kept his eyes on the ground.

Lydia had explained that he had to forget the world around him and go into a meditative state, he agreed, she also had to go get Scott and Malia involved.

"Okay, Your turn, Just find him in your memories." Lydia instructed, Derek nodded as he sat down and let his mind wonder.

Derek found himself hearing a random voice in his head, his vision cleared as he saw himself back in the woods, "This is private property." Derek heard himself say, He saw Scott and then what caught his eye was a scrawny kid with a buzzcut, He looked nervous, Derek zoned out as Scott talked and Derek through the inhaler at him, "Dude! That was Derek Hale," The boy said, "His family burned in a fire 10 years ago." Derek felt a ping in his heart as it went to the next memory.

All the memories flowed in all at once, From when Stiles admitted he was still afraid of him to after the whole void incident, and the dream he had of him, And when he figured out Stiles was his anchor, he remembered Stiles, his anchor and his mate, it made his heart sore that Stiles was out there somewhere alone, What if he didn't come back? Derek didn't want to think about this but it was unavoidable, would be in till after Stiles was safe.

"I remember him." Derek whispered, "I was right before, wasn't I?" Lydia asked, Derek nodded slowly.

The next week was dedicated to getting Stiles back, It was a long process but eventually he came through the light.

"Stiles?" Derek whispered as he saw Stiles smirking up at him, "Hey there, big guy." Stiles grinned, Derek just shook his head as he walked up to him and kissed him, Stiles hesitated but kissed him back, "What was that for?" Stiles questioned, "I love you, I-I should have done that a long time ago, Don't you dare disappear from my memories again." Derek whispered, Stiles looked shocked but soon smiled, "Won't happen again, I of course love you too by the way." Stiles said as he leaned in and they kissed again.

-I know it's short, The memories Derek saw were in format to the video up top, up until after the void scenes, so the 'thats not how it happened' isn't apart of it and some scenes before then.-