Chapter 11 Inner Battle

Paige decided to follow Amy's advice, and be herself. If they were destined, she and Dylan would eventually be together. She decided to focus more on her classes and her work with Stacey, who she admired more everyday. Paige felt if she became as half as successful as she was someday she would be very lucky. She heard on the phone how Stacey was speaking about about a perfume commercial, which for her surprise it belonged to Stacey herself. The name of the perfume was Temptress, and Stacey was on the phone speaking on the phone with a modeling agency. 

"Stacey, may I ask how the idea of the perfume came out?" Paige asked her while handing her a folder. 

"I believe women have the will to do anything we can't just like we can make others do what we want. That's where the name comes from. Want to know a secret?" she asked standing up and facing her. 

" Sure,if you feel you trust me."

"It was painful to me when I divorced Dylan's father, but it was for the best. He cheated on me with his secretary, a girl in her mid twenties. I was devastated at it first, even though I was telling myself and Dylan i was okay with it."

"I'm sorry to hear that, if you ask me I believe it was his loss. "

"For sure, six months after we signed the divorce he was begging me for a second chance. At the end the little tramp ran away with his money. Of course, yi said no."

"Any man would be lucky to be with you, that's for sure. "

"Thank you sweetheart, if you allow me I would like to give an advice. "

"It would be an honor, thanks. " Paige exclaimed excitedly. 

Stacey grabbed Paige's hands and directed her to the huge white  couch resting on the office. Paige wondered what Stacey would tell her since she grabbed her hands firmly. 

"Never let a man determinate your value, not even my son.I have noticed you have deep feelings for him, but don't let those feelings control you."

Paige opened her mouth to say something, but it had no sense contradicting her. It was clear Stacey already knew the truth, and there was no point in denying it.  She decided not to say anything. Stacey continued speaking.

" I was never into school like you are, but i did learn something  that I will never forget. In nature males are the ones who fight each other for females, because they are the ones who pick their mate. The same applies for women, we are the ones who pick our partners, not the other way around. Never forget it. "

Her words amazed Paige, with no doubt Stacey was a deep person. Stacey invited her for lunch that day and she accepted gracefully. Somehow Paige saw in Stacey the motherly figure she never had, and was grateful for her to be in her life.

Amy looked at her phone nervously not knowing if to call Connor or not, it would be unpleasant to listen to Gaby or another girl answering his phone. Her phone started ringing, and reading the screen it was Connor. She was happy it was him but didn't want to show desperation, so she let it ring three times before answering it. 

"Hi. " she said as she pressed the answer button.

"Hey Sugarpie, how have you been?" he asked from the other side of the line.

"Pretty good, busy with homework but good in general. What about you?" she said while sitting on the bed crossing her legs.

"Same, busy with homework and brotherhood stuff. Last time we spoke it felt you a bit distant, and not exactly because of the distance. Are you mad because Gaby answered the phone last time?" 

Amy made a pause before answering. She was not exactly mad, mostly shocked but she was trying to pick her words before answering.

"Not really, it was just unexpected. That's why I didn't even say a word when she answered, I had no idea what to say."

"I'm sorry, I never wanted that to happen. I want to let you know Gaby is just a friend. I met her during a party her sorority did, that's it. I love you, and i hope you don't feel otherwise."

"I love you too, it's just distance has made it harder. I never thought it would be this difficult. I never expected this to be a fairytale but ..." She stopped midsentence.

"I know. I have an idea, why don't you come visit me during Thanksgiving? That way I can show you around and introduce you to my friends. "

"You are not coming  for Thanksgiving?" she asked surprised.

"No. My parents are not on the best terms right, and if I go they'll be wanting me to take a side and I hate that.I know them too much. If JP would have been there I would have considered it but he'll be traveling to Utah with Rochelle for the holiday. I understand if you are not convinced with the idea, you might spend the holiday with Sean. Just give it a thought, I'll respect your decision.If you do accept to come I'll pay for the plane ticket. "

"Are you sure about it? Will your parents be okay with it?" 

"It's my money, don't worry about it. I want to see you. "

Talking with him made her feel better, the insecurities she felt were vanishing slowly. She needed to speak with him and make sure his feelings towards her didn't change. Now she had to make a decision, if she was going to accept his offer. If she did she would have to tell Sean. 

Dana was excitedly talking with Jeremy on Skype about how her week was. She had went to her parents to a Thai restaurant and it was a great experience for her. She also remembered how Monica had a new boyfriend, and told Jeremy.

"Before I forget Monica told us about her new boyfriend. His name is Dean.He's a nice guy from what I can see. I hope they last, I have never seen my sister this happy." 

"Dana, i need to ask you something. " he said somehow serious. 

"Sure, what is it?" she said placing her hair behind her ear.

"I saw a post on Instagram in which you are hanging with a guy called Liam. Who is he?"

"I met recently on an art exhibition, he is an art student and his works like his classmates' were being on display as well. He's nice, you would like him."

She would talk about him in such a tender way it made him jealous. How come was she close to him when they just met? The idea made feel uncomfortable. He tried to control himself but he couldn't and just exploded.

"I doubt it. I see him too cozy with you in those pictures. Does he knows you have a boyfriend?"

"Whoa, calm down. There is no need for you to talk to me that way. You are overreacting here."

"Really? Do you think I am overreacting?" he asked raising his voice. 

"Have I made any claims on you about you hanging with Jamie? No. And let me tell you it's not lovely for me to know my boyfriend hangs out  with another girl whenever he wants while I just see him with Skype two or three times a week.  But I have never said anything about it. Until now, but because you are acting really childish right now. "

"It's different. Jamie has never crossed a line with me."

"Neither has Liam.So its okay  for you to hang out with whoever you want but i need your approval on who I want to befriend? Is that what you are trying to tell me?" she asked angrily.

Jeremy felt guilty in that moment.He never wanted to make her feel that way, and didn't planned his jealousy to get the better of him. With no doubt he messed up. 

"I'm sorry Dana, you're right on everything you said. Please forgive me. I won't be acting like this anymore, Ii swear. " 

Dana noticed the guilt on his face, but she had the feeling it wasn't just  because of what he said previously. She didn't have the ability to read minds like he did but she felt he was hiding something and that's why he had an outburst. She wanted to tell herself she was wrong, but she has always been perceptive. Dana was no longer in the mood to speak with him. 

"It's getting late, it's better if we hang and speak some other day. Good night. "

She finished the call feeling somehow guilty for not giving him the chance to say goodbye, but she was so angry another part of her was telling her she did the right thing. Hopefully next time things would be different between them and they wouldn't fight like they did.