Chapter 14 Just Say Yes

Paige opened her mouth, hoping Stacey wouldn't be shocked to find out she was almost run over by him, however it was him the one who got ahead and answered. 

"We saw each other very briefly, some nights ago. I had no idea we would see each other again." 

He smirked when answering, and Stacey noticed it causing her to smirk as well. She seemed quite pleased with the whole situation, while Paige was feeling uncomfortable. 

"Well, I'm glad you two get to see each other again. Maybe it's destiny. If you excuse me, I have something to speak with the director. " Paige said eyeing Jesse so only Paige would notice.

Stacey winked her eye at Paige, who had no idea how to feel.  She looked at Jesse again. 

"Thanks for not telling i was almost run over by you, that would have been embarrasing."

"You are welcome. But I'm happy to see you again, you looked upset that night, and you seem much better now."

"Yeah, I was not having a great night. I'm good, thanks." 

"I would have never guessed i would see you again. And I had no idea  you are a model too.Sorry, I haven't asked your name."

"Paige Stewart, and I'm not a model, I have an internship with Stacey. I'm just helping with the production. "

"Either way, i would love to  take you for some coffee or something. Of course, if you agree. Can I have your phone number ? "

Paige had no experience with boys, it was the first time one of them asked for her number. She had no idea what to say or do, and somehow Jesse saw her hesitation but just smiled. 

"I have an idea, let me give you my number. That way  you can call me, if you ever want to go out or just a friend. "

"Are you serious?" she asked surprised. 

"I won't pressure you in any way, I do want to ask you out but if this has to be in your terms it's fine by me.I'm a gentleman. "

He seemed genuine on what he was saying, so she handed him her phone so he would save his number. After a minute or two he gave her back the phone.

"If you excuse me, I have to get ready for the commercial. See you soon. "

Paige was watching the commercial filmed standing next to Stacey, whose eyes sparkled while watching everything. The female model, was entering into a ball, most specific a masquerade, where she sprays some perfume on her neck and wrists before entering the ball where she inmediately gains the attention of the male attendants and the jealousy of the females. She walks toward Jesse, flirts with him touching his cheek and then leaves without giving him a glance.

"I can't believe my commercial is over, this is a memorable day for me. Almost as when Dylan was born. " Stacey said clasping her two hands together. 

"You should be proud of yourself, it is a huge achievement.Congratulations." Paige said giving her a hug.

"By the way, when are you going out with the sexy model? He seemed to be interested in you." Stacey said winking an eye.

"I don't know, I may lose my main focus. I need to mantain my scholarship. I'm starting to believe guys are a distraction." Paige answered placing her hands in her jean pockets.

"You are not totally wrong about men being a distraction, but you should have some fun too.Not everything is work or school.Remember the phrase from the Shining, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. The same will happen to you.Not that iy'm implying you'll be mad and try to kill everyone with an ax, but you will become bored and boring. Sometimes you just have to say yes to new things with no fear."

"You are right, I should consider it. Thank you."

 "You are welcome. I just hope my son has nothing to do with your decision of not wanting to go out with Jesse. "

"Not at all, that ship sailed long ago already. "

"Great, because  Dylan seems to getting serious with Lucy. He asked me if he could bring her to my birthday dinner. By the way, you are invited. And it would be great if you bring Jesse. "

"Are you saying it as my boss?" Paige asked curiously as she wanted to know if it was an order or not.

"No, as a friend. Even though we have not known each other for a long time, i care about you. And between us, you are the type of girl I would like for my son. "

Paige felt touched with what Stacey told her, Stacey was the motherly figure she lacked. And decided to follow her suggestion and invite Jesse to Stacey's birthday party.She grabbed her phone and looked for his number, and there it was, which unexpectedly for her would be her date. 

Amy was excitedly looking for the clothes she would pack for her trip, she wanted to look her best  and was hoping to impress Connor. She would leave two days before Thanksgiving and wanted to be ready. She heard her aunt calling her to go down, making her think dinner was ready. However when she went downstairs her surprise was to see Hannah waiting for her. 

"Sorry to came unannounced, but I was hoping I could have a word with you. "

"I'll give you girls some privacy. There is fresh lemonade and cookies if you want some. " Aunt Beth said as she walked upstairs.

"Is everything okay?" Amy asked as she sat next to her. Her first thought was that there could have been an issue related to the wedding preparations, and she was hoping she was wrong.

"Yes. I just want to give you something that i should have given before, and I apologize for taking me so long. "

Hannah handed Amy a blue silk bag who thanked her and opened it. Her mother's Amethyst earrings were inside surprising Amy who just looked at her. 

"By all right they belong to you. " Hannah answered with a smile.

"But Sean gave them to you. Are you sure about this?"

"Of course. I didn't have the chance to meet your mother, but I'm sure that she would have preferred her daughter to have her earrings. And I'm okay with that. "

Amy gave her a hug thanking her again, she never expected her to give her the earrings but the gesture touched her. And she was really glad that she was her future- sister- in- law, Sean couldn't have picked a better bride.