Chapter 23 Life Surprises

Jeremy was driving with  his mom back home after the dinner they had with his father and his family.He had no idea he had the ability to control other people's actions with just thinking about it, as it happened with Steve a  while ago and made him plast his face on the salad. He remembered when he once made Dana kiss him, yet he said it and didn't think about it. Victoria rushed and checked Steven to be sure he was fine, and Steven explained he had no idea what caused him fall the way it did.Luckily the rest of the meal went fine.

"I still wonder what happened to that boy, he seemed fine to me." Victoria said giving a turn. 

"Who knows. " he answered trying not to think on it. All he was thinking was  when he was going to visit Dana and ask her for another chance. They soon arrived home, and before Victoria left the car he placed a hand on her shoulder. 

"Ma, I want to let you know how thankful i'm for you. I know you did the best raising me on your own and I couldn't have asked for a better mother. "

Victoria gave a kiss to her son on his forehead before both entered the house. He wished Jeremy good night heading to her room, while Jeremy logged in his computer. He ordered a gold butterfly ring for Dana, and was wanting to when his order would arrive, he smiled when he saw it would arrive  in two days. 

Amy was packing her stuff, having mixed feelings, she was wanting to see her brother and aunt again, yet didn't want to leave Connor. She was waiting him to call her as he promised he would take her to the airport, and she needed to be there early. She called him but the she was sent to voice mail and inmediately hanged. Why wouldn't he answer?Her flight left at eleven and it was seven- fifty, all she could think of was to call an uber and in cased he called she would tell him to wait for her at the airport. She went down as she knew the notification of the uber would arrive soon and preferred to be ready. As she went down on the elevator her phone indicated the notification and that the car was already outisde. She read the description of the car and walked to the car that matched it. 

"Hello, to the airport please.Can you help me please place my luggage on the back.  " she said as she approached the driver. 

"Sure. " he said unbuckling his seat belt and moved backward opening the trunk.

Five minutes later she was inside the car on her way to the airport, when her phone started ringing and it was Connor.

"Hi, where are you? I'm in an Uber on my way to the airport. "

"Why didn't you wait for me?"

"I called you and you didn't answer.What happened?"

"Gaby had an emergency and I went to her house. I didn't expect to take so long. "

"So you preferred to visit her knowing my flight is today? What is wrong with you?"

"She had a family emergency, Amy. Her father had a stroke. "

"I'm sorry to hear that, but why couldn't she call someone else? Clearly she's has a romantic interest in you. "

"It's not like that. Are you close to the airport? I'm on my way. "

"Don't bother, you can go check on Gaby. I don't want to see you there. "

She hanged the call upset, forgetting the driver listened to everything and she felt embarrassed. 

"I'm sorry you had to hear that." she said crossing her arms.

"No worries, if it makes you feel better I agree with you. If he knew today was your flight he should have arranged his priorities. He should have told his friend he would go check on her after saying goodbye to you. That's what he should have done."

"Thank you, that means a lot. " she answered with a short smile.

They arrived some minutes later at the airport, Amy thanked him for the drive and gave him ten dollars as a tip. She walked inside to do her check-in, with some people front of her yet it was quick. As she was walking to the gate where she would be going through after her check- in she noticed on a corner of her eye Connor was through the crowd trying to find her, a part of her was tempted to go back and say goodbye, or at least wave at him, but she felt upset after the phone call and decided to just keep walking and ignore him. It didn't feel right, as she she knew deep inside he wanted to see her before she left, but at the same she was hurt and preferred to just leave. She cried a bit as she sat down on the spot she would be called, and cleaned up herself before taking her flight. 

Paige asked her father permission to look through his old stuff and found a picture of her parents' wedding. Her father was wearing a black suit, while her mother was wearing a simple white dress with a v neck and laces tied on the back.It reached till her knee. The cloth look fluid on her, and as she was studying as many details on the dress she couldn't help think where was she and what she would be doing. Her eyes teared a bit, she was not wanting to think of her and her absence, yet the ideas got in her head and was not wanting to cry. Her father knocked her door and she cleaned her eyes as fast as she could. 

"Come in. " she said wiping her eyes. 

"Vicky texted me if we want to go to dinner with her son tomorrow, I told her you came and she's thrilled to get to know you. "

"Sure Dad, sounds great."

"Thanks love, and I wanted to know if you would help my with outfit. "

"Absolutely. I'll go look at your closet right now." she said standing up and going to his room.

Next night Paige was looking through her own clothes deciding what to wear. She decided to use a yellow dress with a few ruffles and matched it with brown wedges. She decided to put on some make-up and straighten her hair, to look a bit different. They drove together to the restaurant, and Paige noticed her father was nervous, trying to control his breathing, it was subtle but she noticed it.  In that moment Paige realized he was into this woman, otherwise he wouldn't be so nervous. She was just hoping this woman was good to him and was being serious too. They were seated on an outside section of the restaurant waiting for Vicky and her son. She was hoping they would arrive soon. 

"I'll be right back, I need to use the ladies' room. " Paige said standing up with her purse. 

"Sure, Vicky says she's arriving soon with her son."

She went to the restroom and walked back to the table and gasped when seeing Jeremy and his mom seated next to her father. In that moment she connected the dots: all this time "Vicky" was Victoria Price, Jeremy's mom, and that's why he told her this woman had a son her age,referring to Jeremy.By looking at  Jeremy's face he was equally shocked, with no doubt. it would be an interesting evening for everyone, and it had just started.