Chapter 30 Abduction

Paige was walking with Stacey on their way to get to know the client who was going to buy the wedding dress. Stacey seemed quite sure she would love it, and Paige was just wanting to be positive as well. Would her design really captivate the bride to be? She was about to find out. They entered to her workshop where her dress was on a mannequin covered with cloth close to a desk. The client was on her mid-twenties, with her long black hair tied in a bun and wearing jeans paired with a polka dot shirt and beige low-heeled sandals. She greeted Stacey happily with a hug. 

"Nikki, so happy to see you."

"Thanks for having me, Stacey, I want to know what you have for me."

"You're going to love it."

Stacey walked and removed the cloth from the mannequin showing the dress, Paige was looking at her dress, and yet it seemed unreal for her, as she just imagined it on paper and on her head. Now that she was seeing it for real it seemed a dream. 

"What do you think?" Stacey asked excitedly. 

Nikki stared at the dress for a minute while walking around it for a better perception, but for Paige it felt like an hour. She was just hoping she liked the dress. 

"I love it Stacey, it's perfect. You outdid yourself." Nikki said hugging Stacey. 

"Thanks darling, but I can't take credit for it. She's the brilliant mind behind the dress."

Stacey grabbed Paige's hand and introduced her to Nikki. 

"Her name is Paige, she's the one who designed it."

"Hello." Paige said shyly. 

"You certainly did a great job, sweetie. You have future in this industry. I'm taking it." 

Paige felt on cloud nine. She was being encouraged and her work was being recognized and applauded. When Nikki left Stacey sat with her on her office offering her a check, that made Paige almost faint seeing the amount. She was giving her five thousand dollars. 

"Stacey, are you sure about this? It's a lot of money." Paige asked.

"You deserve every dollar darling, unless you want more, I can arrange it. " she said taking out her check book from a drawer and grabbing a pen from her desk. 

"No, not at all. Thanks. " Paige answered placing the check inside her purse.

"Paige, you should never underestimate yourself. You need to trust yourself more. Do you have any plans? I would like to take you to dinner. You need to celebrate."

"Sounds great. Thanks." 

A knock was heard on the door, and Dylan came inside as soon as his mother said "come in". He was carrying in his hands Paige's sketchbook. 

"Hello son, I wasn't expecting you. Do you need something?"  she said crossing her arms.

"Mom, can I speak with Paige?" 

"Sure son. Are you free? I'm taking Paige for dinner and maybe you want to join us. "

"Thanks, but I got plans already."

"I see." she directed her attention to Paige. "I'll wait for you at my limo in the parking lot." she said grabbing her purse and walking away.

Dylan waited for his mom to leave, and he sat next to Paige. He seemed nervous, which was very different from his usual self. It was the first time she ever saw him that way. 

" I texted you, didn't you read my texts?" 

"Sorry, no. I was busy with your mom." she said checking her phone, and indeed she had several text messages from him.