42.) Do You Love Me ?

August

Yesterday the family spent so much time together talking and laughing.

I enjoyed the time I spent around my family because they are all I got.

"Bae." I heard Jay come out the bathroom.

"Yea ma, wassam!" I replied as I sat up.

"Tima taking da kids out, I wanted to know if you wanted to-" she started talking but I cut her off.

"Nope, ima be busy." I said.

"Wh- you know what. Okay." She said turning off the light and closing the door.

I then got up and started to get dressed, I was gonna dress up nice.

I hopped in the shower, but I heard her come in and slam some drawers and stuff.

Typical female, trying so hard to make it obvious that she was mad at me.

Smirking to myself I continued to do what I had to do and hopped out.

Drying off I wrapped the towel around my waist and started on my hair.

I added my product and made sure it was coiling up.

Once I finished my hair I brushed my teeth.

Janaye

August a dumbass mane, how tf u gone turn me down before even knowing what I was finna say.

Tima was taking the kids Travis and mama was sposed to be going out today.

So I was thinking maybe August and I could spend some time alone.

Rolling my eyes I sat on the couch.

"Jay we finna head out." Tima informed me as the kids followed in a group behind her.

"Okay, girls be good." I directed towards my sisters.

"Okay bye." They said before exiting with Tima.

Travis and Mama Sheila had already left, so I sat on the couch scrolling on my phone and watching tv.

About an hour or so later, August came down looking fine as ever.

"Where you going?" I asked confused as hell.

Ain't no way he turned me down, got dressed up and is planning to head out.

"Out Mamas, I'll be back." He said attempting to kiss me on my forehead but I dodged it.

"Nah ain't now way. Cause I had-" he cut me off again.

"I'm going, so hursh." He said before walking out and not giving me a chance to reply.

Huffing and calling him anything but a child of god, I watched as he headed down the street.

"Stupid bitch." I groaned, trying to stop myself from crying.

We worked so hard to get away from the toxic couple we once were, but this was making it hard not to pack my shit and go home.

A good 15 minutes later Mama Sheila called me.

"Hello." I said sounding sad and pitiful.

"Trav and I came to this fancy restaurant and I forgot my wallet. Can you bring it to me?" She questioned.

"Yea, where is it?" I replied.

"It's in the room I sleep in, and dress nice so you can join us for dinner." She implied.

"Okay, I'm not really in the mo-" she cut me off.

"Ian asked if you was in the mood, dress up, cheer up, and getcho ass down here so these folks can stop looking at us crazy." She said and I giggled.

"Yes ma'am. I'm on the way." I said before we exchanged byes and hung up.

Going into the room august and I shared. I decided to put on the fit I was gonna wear for the plans I had made today.

It's a black bodycon dress, some stilettos, and I was gonna pin my hair up into a ponytail with a swooped bang.

I started on my makeup going for a natural but fall look- being the fact that it wasn't a special occasion.

I was trying so hard to not go off on August and to let it go because arguing wouldn't help anything.

About 35 minutes later, I was pulling up to the restaurant.

I didn't see any cars so I was confused, like is this place even open.

Calling mama Sheila I told her how I felt I wasn't at the right address.

"Nahh- trav and I rented out the place come in in-" she spoke.

"Damn ma, you and Travis balling and shit." I giggled as I grabbed the door latch to my vehicle.

"Girl getcho ass in here we hungry." She said before hanging up.

Laughing I walked through the parking lot and grabbing the door to enter.

Once the door was opened wide enough for me to be able to see, it was kinda dark inside but as I looked around I noticed candles set up at a table in the middle of the room.

Walking over to it, I noticed a note on the table saying "sit."

I noticed the hand writing which belonged to August.

Moments after I sat I saw him walking towards me.

Whatever shit they had planned AINT sitting right wit me.

"August what are you doing?" I questioned becoming confused.

"Janaye Simone Winta's. Do you love me?" He asked as I scrunched my face.

"Of course I love you august, why woul-" he cut me off speaking again.

Omniscient

"I've loved you since I realized how much of a gem you are. You came into my life and pieced it together better than I ever would've on my own. Jay I gave you hell and in return all you asked was for me to love you. For me you were a breath of fresh air, something new in the continuously repetitive world. I watch you raise my little girl into your own. I watched you work on yourself to be better for the both of us. I watched you struggle and be miserable because you wanted me to have the things you thought you weren't capable of giving me, but baby you are. Your capable of so much more than you credit yourself for. You're more than my girl, you're my best friend, my light through darkness, and my positive when everything else around me seems negative. You've gave me love that my mother couldn't, hell no other woman has been more supportive, thoughtful, and just plain out as sexy as you." August spoke from his chest- he knew exactly what he was saying and he meant every word.

By now Janaye had started crying. She had never had anyone express themselves to her like he did.

Noticing movement around the room, Janaye saw his and her whole family surrounding them, family who didn't even come on the trip, but they were there.

"So Janaye Simone Winta's will you marry me?" August said as he got on one knee.