36.) Family Time

August Alsina

I've never been this happy in my life. Jay's happy, she loves Moni, and doesn't see a difference between Moni not being her child.

I like that shit too, that means she's a real woman because any woman that's willing to step up and take care of somebody else's child is a real one.

Once she noticed the ring we talked about it and I let her no to expect a final one sometime in the future.

The growth between the both of us was very much real but I still couldn't believe.

When I say we had been through so much with each other. That's exactly what I meant.

We had petty arguments over what color the damn wall is. But now we don't argue as much.

When she feels like she doesn't agree with me she just says "Mkay Aug, that's fine."

Being able to finally be happy with her is a dream I couldn't even muster up.

"Babe, let's go to the park or something." She walks downstairs while holding Moni's hand.

"Mkay mama. What time you tryna go?" I watched her as she straddled my lap.

Moni immediately climbed on the couch and laid her head on my shoulder.

"Whenever you tryna go honestly. I just wanna have some family fun." She pecked my lips.

"I like that, that's fye." I smile and lick my lips.

"What my lipgloss?" She looks at me and wipes the lip shit off.

"Yea, it taste fruity." I ruffle Monie's hair.

"That's because its Orange Citrus. It comes from my beauty line." She says.

"Well lemme taste it again." I smile.

"You weird." She chuckled before I grab her face and kiss her passionately.

After awhile I feel small hand tearing our faces away.

It's Moni getting jealous.

"Nasties." She snaps.

Both Jay and I laugh.

"Okay Mamas, we're done being nasties." Jay tickles her.

I join in the fun as we both attack Moni with tickles and kisses.

But after awhile those two crooks turned on me and started attacking me.

"I see how y'all wanna be." I managed to say before they both grabbed a pillow and wacked me.

Moments later the girls stopped and busted out laughing.

"So y'all think thats funny huh?" I smirk.

"Yes Daddy. You were screaming like. Ahhhhh, don't hurt me." She killed herself laughing.

"Come on guys, let's get ready to go out." Jay said as she got up and grabbed Moni's hand.

I followed behind them upstairs, but they went into Moni's  bathroom while I went into my room.

I went into the closet and found me an outfit and then decided to pick Jays out since she was busy with Jay.

○○○○○

Once everyone was dressed and ready to go we all climbed into the truck and headed to have family time.

We had decided to go to the movies and out to eat. Nothing much, but enough to enjoy each other.

I enjoyed spending time with my babies because that meant I was never in the streets and out of trouble.

Pulling into Grand Cinema I let them out and went to park the car.

Once I had parked and made it up to the front desk. Jay had already had  our tickets so we walked in together.

This family time shit wasn't something my family did on the regular. Every blue moon we would chill together but it wasn't nothing like this.

"Baby you wanna go ahead and grab the snacks?" Jay asked as carried Moni.

"Yea. But give me her and I'll wait for you." I kissed her and grabbed Moni.

She walked away and I watched our surroundings. Something I had grown accustomed to once I started changing for the best.

○○○○

JaNaye Simone Winters

The movie was good and being that I watched it with my small family made it so much more better.

We were currently at Red Lobsters eating and chillin.

"Aug, get that sweet tea from her. She's gonna spoil her apetite. Then ima beat you." I said to him.

"Beat me then mami." He said as he grabbed the juice from Moni and sat it in front of his plate.

"Don't play with me in this restrauant." I giggled.

"Mhm, but baby I've decided that I want to go to the studio more and work on my singing." He became serious.

I could tell that singing was his passion.  His face brightens every time we talk about this. 

"Well baby, I'm a hunnit percent behind you on whatever you do." I smiled and spooned myself some potatoes.

"That's why I love you." He pecked my lips.

"Mhm. So erm, do you think I should decorate those shops myself or let someone else do it?" I pondered.

"You. Those are your businesses not there's therefore it's your creativity." He ate a piece of Moni's roll.

I nodded and continued to eat and think.

"Naye, me full." Moni said.

Sometimes I'm mama and sometimes I'm Naye, which doesn't bother me because I am not her mothers replacement.

"Ok baby, just eat two more big girl bites for me." I looked at her as August held the spoon to her mouth.

"Mkay." She said as she took one bite and rubbed her stomach.

"I think I wanna go get my nails done, since my hair already done." I looked at August before wiping Moni's mouth.

"Ight, but get yellow. That would fit nicely with your skin." He spoke as he ate some his food.

•••••

We were back home in the bed chillin, Moni was sleep and Aug and I was just up talking and watching tv.

"Why don't you like her?" I laughed at Aug judging one of my Instagram friends.

"She be doing the most. I mean like she always asking me stupid as questions." He said before my phone rang.

"Hey Reign." I answered.

"Hi sis, I was wondering if the twins and I could spend fall break witchu?" She questioned.

"Sure, let me ask August." I looked at him and he already knew.

He nodded and I smiled.

"Okay." Reign said.

"He said yes. I'll be over to come get y'all tomorrow round noon. So pack tonight." I informed.

"Okay Jay. Im finna pack the girl's clothes and braid they hair." Reign replied.

"Ight. Bye." I said before hanging up.