37.) Private Island

JaNaye Simone Winters

Since all the kids in the family were out for school and thanksgiving was this thursday, August planned a quick little trip to a private island.

He claimed it wasn't nothing big but from my understanding, we were flying halfway cross the world to celebrate an American holiday.

Who you know do that???? I'll wait.

I had went and gotten my sisters earlier today.

I need to go get some groceries, mama Sheila and the girls said they was gonna help us grocery shop when we got to Cartengena.

As of right now Aug and I were packing while the kids were downstairs enjoying themselves.

Mama Sheila and nem was on the way so as soon as they got here. I would cook and we would head to the airport.

"Babe could u dress Moni for me." Aug asked as he walked out the bathroom brushing his teeth.

"Yea, Aug. Cause you'd have my girl looking like anything." I chuckled.

"Get off me. I dressed her one time and all of a sudden I can't dress." He joined.

"Yea, yea. I think ima cook some mashed potatoes, beef tips, and cornbread." I smiled.

"Ight. You done packing?" He asked.

"Yea. I packed Moni's clothes and started on mines last night." I said as I headed into the bathroom.

"Why yeen tell me. I could have packed witchu." He said obviously a little upset.

"I'm sorry. U were downstairs working on some so I decided to get that out the way." I announced.

"It's coo. Um ima go get Moni and bring her up here for her bath." August spoke.

I nodded and he left out the room. I started running my shower.

I then picked out Moni and outfit for today.

I sat it on the bed and then got into the shower.

After about 15 minutes I got out and dried off.

I pressed my hair out and then put my clothes on.

I would certainly be wearing my natural hair cause I'm not gonna waist a weave on this trip.

Hell press this shit for the flight and wear it natural around the island.

August came in with a fully dressed Moni.

"Mommmnmyyy!!!" She ran over to me.

"Hey my baby." I picked her up and kissed her cheek.

"Me hungry." She said as she tapped the side of my face.

"Okay I'm gonna cook but for now you and the girls can have some fruit salad." I told her.

She loved fruit salad. Especially when I made it with grapes.

"Ok." She said as we headed down stairs.

"Y'all want some fruit salad to hold y'all until I cook?" I asked the girls.

"Yea." The twins replied.

"Sure." Reign replied.

I fixed them all some before taking out the potatoes, beef tips, and jiffy mix.

I can make homemade cornbread but since we were on a timed schedule I just decided jiffy.

Plus both August and Moni loved jiffy mix because it was sweet.

○○○○

I was done cooking and Mama Sheila nem was here.

It was just her, the girls, and Travis.

The boys had already packed the stuff into the truck so now it was time to eat.

"August pray for the food." Mama Sheila said.

"Everybody bow ya heads and close your mouth." August said as we grabbed hands.

"Dear Heavenly father we are gathered here on this lovely day to say thank you for all you've done, all your doing and all your going to do. We ask that you bless the food that has been prepared. Father God I ask that you keep us in your hands as we get on this plane. In Jesus name i do pray. Amen." He breathed.

"Amen." Everyone said together.

Everyone conversed as they grabbed plated and started the line.

"I'll fix Moni and the twins plate." I told August.

"Ight I got Mai and kay." I nodded and started on they plates.

I didn't put alot on it, I just put some mashed potatoes and gravy. They wouldn't eat the meat so why waste.

I then sat them in the little dining area at there kiddie table.

Going back into the kitchen August stopped me.

"I gotcho plate baby." He said as he handed me a plate with everything on it.

"Thanks." I said as I pecked his lips.

Then I went and sat with the kids so I could watch them. Cause lord knows if i didnt there'd be a huge mess to clean.

Everyone else sat in the kitchen or living room just conversing back and forth.

○○○○

Everyone was in the cars ready to go. My sisters rode with us and August's nieces rode with Mama Sheila.

The girls wanted to mis cars but I wasnt having it.

I wanted them to be in my sight the whole time.

Don't get me wrong I trust his family but nobody wants to be bothered with extra little girls on a 2 hour road trip to the airport.

We pulled out the driveway and headed to the airport.

The girls were talking about all types of things.

The ride was pretty much silent between me and August.

But like halfway in I started to think about how proud Mama Sheila must be of him.

"Your mom seems so proud of you." I pointed out to August.

"Yea. She just keeps looking at me smiling and shit like she wanna cry." He replied.

"I mean you have grown alot since you've gotten out of jail." I looked at him.

"I know. My mind don't even process the same." He looked at me.

"That's good baby. If nobody else is I'm proud of you, I've seen you at your worst and now to be able to see you like this." He placed his hand on my thigh.

"I really appreciate that mamas. You've had my back through thick and thin." I placed my hand over his.

"That's what I'm here for." I reminded.

After about an hour we pulled up to the airport and everyone got out and the men unloaded our bags.

Afterwards we sat in the airport talking and laughing until it was time to board the plane.