1.) New Job

I always wanted to be a police guard.

As a kid, my friends and i would always play jail. It wasn't like cops and robbers, 4 of the kids would be locked inside the fence while I watched and guarded.

I told them what to do and how to do it. If they didnt, they were locked inside the outhouse.

That was my favorite game to play. I never was a really big fan of any other professions other than this.

It didn't even seem like something that would get someone so fired up. But me. I always loved it.

Other than me starting as a guard, tomorrow at Lower Ridge Prison of Louisiana, my life was boring.

I was a single 22 year old who moved away from her family.

My family lived in Houston. It was my brother, My'Kel, my mama, Niecy, and my father, Robert.

All of my family got along we were just to perfect.

When I moved away my mother cried like a baby.

We keep in touch tho. I call them twice a day. Once before bed and once when I wake up.

Yes. I'm a mama's girl and Daddy's girl they both showed me much love.

They would always tell people, "JaNaye's never gonna move out. She just loves us so much...." so when I left it felt like our happy family split into pieces.

Mama says Kel stays out late and barely stays home, Daddy over works himself so he can stay occupied, and she busy herself with her garden and stuff like that.

I slick miss home, but this is my dream and I will fulfill it.

When I got the call that I was starting at the prison, I ran around yelling and screaming.

This meant alot to me. I was finally a guard after 22 years of dreaming.

I woke up the next morning and did my daily routine; getting in the shower, putting on my face mask, brushing my teeth, and fixing breakfast.

Before I got in the shower, I turned on my speakers so I could listen to music.

I played Queen Naija's Butterflies. While singing along I washed my body off.

After about 5 songs I got out and put my face mask on.

When I was finished i brushed my teeth and grooved to Smiley's Unthinkable.

When I finished brushing my teeth I took my face mask off and put on my uniform.

Then I turned the speaker off and went to the kitchen to fix breakfast.

After eating breakfast, I went to the garage and got in my black on chrome Mercedes-Benz G-Wagon.

Daddy bought it for me when I graduated.

I pulled out my driveway and got on the highway.

It was an hour and 15 minute drive.

I called my mama to see how she had been doing.

After about 30 minutes of being on the phone I hung up.

When I got there I found a parking space got out and gathered myself.

I took a deep breath before walking in.

It was kinda cold on the inside, but I walked to the desk where a bald head darkskin man was sitting.

"Welcome to Lower Ridge Prison of Louisiana. How may I help you?" He asked me as I walked up.

"Hi. My name is JaNaye Simone Winters. I am here to start as a new gaurd." I told him.