When she loved me

Life isn't all rainbows and sunshine...It really isn't. It could be the nicest moment, to suddenly the most painful moment in your life. Mostly it's even more painful when you don't expect it to crumble...

Kara Danvers or known to be Supergirl can understand that horrible feeling more than anyone else. She has experienced the worst that anyone could imagine...losing her Home planet, family, friends and many more. But she still kept a bright smile through the horrible past she has gone through...But it was because of a certain person. Lena Luthor.

Lena was the reason she was able to go out as Supergirl and as CatCo reporter. She was the reason why she was able to spread joy, love and hope into the world. The reason why Kara was able to get up in the morning. The reason why she was able to inspire young and old...Evil and good...She was the reason why Kara still wanted to live.

But when good things come, so do bad ones follow along.

And here is Kara Danvers, in Al's Dive bar, sober. She really thought that she as found the one...The one person she has been looking for a long time, hoping to meet some day...But it looks like she hasn't. Kara slowly went up the stage and grabbed the guitar that was just laying there. The spot light was shining on her and all eyes were on her. From the corner of her eye, she can see her sister, Alex, giving her pity. But Alex knew that Kara had to do something to dwell out her feelings, so she let her be. Slowly, the blonde started to play a soft tune on the guitar and the whole bar went quiet.

"When somebody loved me. Everything was beautiful, every hour spent together lives within my heart." Kara sang the song so softly, full of emotion and feelings...The bar was dead quiet, just listening to the Kryptonian's angelic, hurt voice with the tunes of the guitar. "And when she was sad, I was there to dry her tears and when she was happy so was I. When she loved me." She now started to remember that intoxicating smile, the one smile that made her smile...Especially in hard times. How Lena's green eyes would twinkle with every cheesy joke Kara would say, by soft kisses or sweet words...Were Beautiful moment, but painful memories.

"Through the summer and the fall. We had each other, that was all. Like it was meant be. And when she was lonely, I was there to comfort her. And I knew she loved me." That one particular day when Lena was crying in her arms, she was able to see the love Lena had for her. That day she knew that this love wasn't one-sided. All they needed was each other, side by side they felt whole and it truly felt like meant to be...But sadly though it wasn't. "So as the years went by, I stayed the same, but she began to drift away. I was left alone, still I waited for that day: When she'd say, 'I will always love you'." She was able to notice how Lena's heart doesn't slowly belong to her anymore...The sparkle in her Kryptonite green eyes slowly fading away, kisses becoming less passionate and the words 'I love you' not fully meaning it. She really hoped that it wasn't true, that it was just a phase...She was waiting for the 'I will always love you', but it never came...

"Lonely and forgotten. Never thought she'd look my way and she smiled at me and held me, just like she used to do. Like she loved me. When she loved me." Kara sang those words with the most angelic vocals, but with the purest pain hidden behind them. Just that day when she saw Lena, when they broke up...She was surprised that the Luthor gave her the same beautiful smile...But still she knew, that Lena's heart was no longer beating for her. "When somebody loved me. Everything was beautiful. Every hour spent together lives within my heart. When she loved me..." It was truly beautiful when somebody loved you, somebody that you were able to run home to, somebody to call your home...But even love doesn't last forever.

Kara played the last tunes with the guitar and ended the song. People stared at her in amazement, some having tears in their eyes. She laid the guitar back to the place where it was and walked down the stage...People were still looking at her in amazement and admiration. She then sat next to her sister at the booth and downed some shots, that wold anyway not affect her. Her sister gave her a soft hug and Kara was able to see dried tears on her sister's cheeks. As they broke the hug, Kara was able to see Lena at the far end of the bar. She looked happy with that new woman, who's with her. Even though it pained Kara, she was happy to see Lena happy. "When she loved me..." Kara whispered to herself as a single tears slipped out of her eye.