Their only legacy

Alex's pov

There was a call.

Ring, Ring

One phone call.

Ring,Ring

That's all it took.

"Alex Danvers." I said into the phone. "Director Danvers?" An agent said hesitant into the phone. "Yes. What's wrong?" I asked. I was able to feel my heart pound, because something was wrong. "Director Danvers there's been an incident." The agent said.

One phone call and our lives were changed.

Not even thinking, I immediately got up and changed. "Maggie! Maggie! I need you to come with me." I shook my wife and she immediately got up, not even asking why. We both got changed and hopped into the car and I broke every speed limit on the way there. I saw Maggie having a worried look on her face, because she could feel something bad has happened. As I parked the car, we ran into the facility and all the agents bowed their heads...Something has gone terribly wrong. In my head, I started to imagine the one thing I hoped that would have never happened...But it did.

J'onn came to me and gave me a hug and his eyes were red from crying...It happened. I started to cry and held him tighter and I felt Maggie put her hand on my shoulder, but I heard how she started to cry as well. "Can I still see them?" I asked in a whisper and J'onn nodded. He lead Maggie and I to a room, the room I never hoped to enter. And there I saw them...

My sister and her wife, laying in a metal table, looking peaceful. They looked so peaceful, especially Kara...And Lena, she looked so relaxed. But I knew, they were no longer with us, not anymore. I walked over slowly to them and held both of their hands...I couldn't hold it and I started to sob. "I hope you guys are in a better place..." I whispered softly. I kissed Kara's forehead and Lena's one last time, before leaving the room..Because it got all too much.

When I was back in the hallway, J'onn and Brainy came to Maggie and I, giving us hugs. Suddenly, I remembered something...Ir someone. "Is she okay?" I asked in panic and at first J'onn gave me a confused look, but then noticed about whom I was talking about. Immediately he brought Maggie and I to her. When I saw her still moving, I let out a breath of relief...She's still alive...My niece is still alive. "Both of them protected her form the attack and when I found them, she was held in the arms of both of her mothers. Kara took all of the kryptonite blullets, while Lena took all of the normal bullets...They sacrificed themselves for their daughter." J'onn said and tears started to build in his eyes. My sister and her wife sacrificed themselves to save their one legacy...Their daughter. But then, J'onn gave Maggie and I a letter, and I immediately knew from whom the handwriting is from. Slowly I opened it and new tears streamed down my cheeks.

Dear Maggie and Alex

If you ever get this letter, it means something has gone wrong with Lena and I. We both want you to know, that whatever happens, please take care of our little girl. If Lena and I can't be there anymore to raise her, please raise our daughter. Please show her what love is, the same love we would have given her. Teach her to control her powers, teach her to be a badass with a kind heart. Tell her about her heritage of both Earth and Krypton...Teach her all the things you've taught me...And let her know, that Lena and I will always love her with all of our hearts, no matter what, we will forever and always love her...

Love,
Lena and Kara

I never knew I was able to cry that hard. But I promised them that Maggie and I will take care of their little girl. We entered the tiny room and I immediately saw my niece wiggling in joy when she saw us...She looked like both of them, a perfect mix between Kara and Lena. I picked the baby up and she smiled at me, the smile that was able to light up a whole room. "I promise...We promise to love you, Lea Kennedy Luthor-Danvers." I whispered and gave Lea a kiss on the forehead. I looked over to Maggie, giving a silent question if she is okay and by the look of her face, she accepted Lea with all of her heart.

10 years later

It's been ten years since the world lost Supergirl and the CEO of L-Corp.  Ten years since I lost my sister, Kara Danvers and my sister-in-law, Lena Luthor. It's been ten years...

Maggi and I were able to see Lea grow and I wish that her mothers would see what an amazing girl their daughter is, well I think they know. Lea looks like Kara and Lena. Her eyes are mixed with green and blue, her hair is dark brown with soft blonde strands, her face is perfectly mixed of the both of them. She even developed all of Kara's powers. Lea would often ask Maggie and I about her mothers, like from where they're from, how they met, who is Supergirl, who is the CEO of L-Corp...She would ask a lot of things.

When she found out what happened to her mothers, I saw how the light in her eyes were just gone. For weeks she was depressed and Maggie and I tried our best to make her feel better. Lea started to blame herself, but we were able to reason her that it was not her fault. Sometimes, Clark would bring her to the fortress to learn about Krypton and would be there for hours talking with the hologram of Kara. Or Sam would bring her to L-Corp to fool around with things in the lab or invent something, because she inherited Lena's intelligence.

And when I look at Lea, I can see she made her mothers very proud. I know for one thing...Lena and Kara made a child that is incredible...I know for a fact, that their only Legacy will change the world for the better.